Shawn

Default Grizzly 8" Jointers

Can anyone comment on the performance/quality of Grizzly's 8" jointers. I'm
considering the 0500 or 0586, both are under $700 and appear to be a great
deal. However, this would be my first experience with a jointer and I'm
unclear just how much I can accomplish with this machine.

For instance, can this also serve a planer? I know that if you have any
type of cup in the lumber, this would be a better option for flattening than
a planer.

But taking it a step further, can you flip the board and run it through
again to achieve the desired thickness? ... as you would in a planer.

And finally, how would it run being wired at 110V?

I guess I'm trying to figure out how far this machine will take me without
having to make an additional purchase in a planer.

Any advice would be helpful.