DamnYankee

Default Dust collector not collecting.

Why is it that the most obvious solution is always the one checked
last?

Dust collector not sucking, running but no suction. So, I'm thinking
it plugged before it gets into the seperator. Nope! Okay, must be those
freaking blast gates that if not mounted upside down, get the gate
channel clogged with sawdust to the point that they won't close so the
suction goes way down on the other machines. Nope! Do you suppose
I've got a clog at the collector at the chunk collector grate? Duh!
Of course that was it. I'd been planing some wide pine and the nice
wide "curls" had gotten past the chip collector made a nice 5x5 wad
right at the grate. Got all kinds of suction now!!!!

I did remount the blast gates while I was screwing around so I got all
the suction I need at the 20" planer. Gates close completely everytime
now.

Bryan