RoyJ

Default "Wood" dust collector for metal dust?

Yes you will have a problem. The hoses and bags are not designed for hot
metal. You are likely to start a smouldering fire in the bags sooner or
later. If you insist on using it, you MUST put a metal precollector in
the line, preferably one with some cyclone action. Kits are available to
fit a trash can put they tend to be plastic. You could make one out of
appropriate 2" tubing. Check with your local auto parts place, most of
them have some bins of various exhaust pipe adapters and bends.

Alex wrote:
I just got a new G9975 Shop Fox 2 HP Dust Collector.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G9975

I am going to use it with my 2"x72" belt grinder and grind mostly
carbon and stainless steel but dust collector manual says "for WOOD
dust only!"

Is this "WOOD" dust collector going to have a problem with metal dust?

Thanks,
Alex