Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Question about the Dewalt 733 thickness planer

I picked one up for $150.00. It's in great shape and came with 2 extra sets of blades. I ran a couple of test pieces through it and checked the thickness and the flatness against each other. All looks good.

I have a question: Do I lift and lower the head lock lever every time I adjust the thickness?

Any thing else I should know about this machine?

Thanks!

Mike
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/22/2017 11:20 PM, Michael wrote:
I picked one up for $150.00. It's in great shape and came with 2 extra sets of blades. I ran a couple of test pieces through it and checked the thickness and the flatness against each other. All looks good.

I have a question: Do I lift and lower the head lock lever every time I adjust the thickness?

Any thing else I should know about this machine?

Thanks!

Mike

No manual? Download it here
https://servicenet.dewalt.com/Produc...tedType= 3438

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 7:42:34 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/22/2017 11:20 PM, Michael wrote:
I picked one up for $150.00. It's in great shape and came with 2 extra sets

No manual? Download it here
https://servicenet.dewalt.com/Produc...tedType= 3438

Thanks, Ed! The answer is yes. Two extra steps each time to adjust the depth of cut.