J T

Default OUTBOARD MOTOR STAND

http://www.infoblvd.net/sah/Outboard...9/jul79-9.html

JOAT
The Good are Innocent so they invented Justice. The Evil are Guilty so
they invented Mercy.
- Unknown

Leon

Heck Joat, I always thought the back end of the boat was a perdy good place
to keep the boat motor. :~)

Ron Magen

JT,
Thanks for this one.

While I do agree with Leon, a couple of these {albeit a bit narrower} will
do nicely for winter storage and maintenance. Especially since I now have
two small motors to care for.

Regards & Thanks,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.infoblvd.net/sah/Outboard...9/jul79-9.html

JOAT
The Good are Innocent so they invented Justice. The Evil are Guilty so
they invented Mercy.
- Unknown

Lew Hodgett

Subject

If some one needs one, let me know.

After someone stole my 10HP O/B, don't have much use for the wheeled stand I
built.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures

skeezics

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.infoblvd.net/sah/Outboard...9/jul79-9.html

JOAT
The Good are Innocent so they invented Justice. The Evil are Guilty so
they invented Mercy.
- Unknown

BUT did ya ever get em runnin? BTW i always use a 55 gallon drum. that
way if i need to start it to make adjustments or whatever it will be
in water.

skeez

Tom Eller

While finishing my EMT training in NC, I got to intern at the local
Emergency Room.
Guy came in with his hand all wrapped up in a towl, said he was working on
an outboard motor that he had in a 55 gallon drum.
Couldnt tell if the prop was turning since the exaust from the engine was
bubbling the water, so he stuck his hand down in there.

Those were some pretty nasty stitches, his hands were really calused (sp?)
and the major cut was from the bottom of the palm across his hand and up the
thumb to the tip. Doc had a hard time getting the needle through the skin.

Something I always keep in the back of my head when I'm working on my boat.

Tom

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.infoblvd.net/sah/Outboard...9/jul79-9.html

JOAT
The Good are Innocent so they invented Justice. The Evil are Guilty so
they invented Mercy.
- Unknown

BUT did ya ever get em runnin? BTW i always use a 55 gallon drum. that
way if i need to start it to make adjustments or whatever it will be
in water.

skeez

Ron Magen

Skeez,
They BOTH run, and very well, thank you. Hence my comment about
'maintenance' - as in 'Preventative Mantainence'. Always add a 'Fuel
Preservative' and run the carb dry after use.Check, clean and/or replace
plugs at both beginning and end of 'season'. Change 'lower end' oil
similarly. Clean, wax, cover, & store upright over the winter, etc.

With a 'rack' I can use a 15 or 25 gal trash can. Just deep enough to cover
the water intake to check / clean the pump. No need to go much above idle,
and have a hose supplying 'make-up' water. These are rather small motors -
for small sailboats - 6hp and 3.5hp.

Regards & Thanks
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{People are amazed that they always start on the first or second pull }

"skeezics" wrote
SNIP
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:13:41 GMT, "Ron Magen" wrote:

SNIP
Especially since I now have two small motors to care for.

SNIP
BUT did ya ever get em runnin? BTW i always use a 55 gallon drum.

SNIP

skeezics

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:55:44 GMT, "Ron Magen" wrote:

[...]

sorry bout that. i was askin JT. i sent 2 small outboards his way last
year. he was gonna get his boys to get em running.

skeez