Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Default Melamine Blade

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided"
means both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't
get the Freud the Borg sells.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

David,

Looked into your request. International tools has the non-teflon coated on
sale for $40 which seems like an almost gloatable deal. Did you get the
teflon or non-teflon. Would you recommend this purchase? I think the two
are identical except for the coating.

jc

"David" wrote in message
noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means
both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get the
Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

beg pardon, I looked into your *recommendation*..... I really shouldn't type
while doing anything else.... 8-(

t...

"David" wrote in message
noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means
both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get the
Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

"David" wrote in message

noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means
both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get the
Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

that's ok. I've made more typos than the average bear. and also
substituted homonyms. I think I posted the part number recently. I'll
see if i can find it and get back to you in a few minutes.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

"David" wrote in message

noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means
both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get the
Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

"Industrial - Item No. LU97R010" - that's the part number
Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means
both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get
the Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

"Industrial - Item No. LU97R010" - that's the part number

That's what I'll go with. Thanks for the help.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

I got the Forrest Hi-AT/B blade (Lee Valley sells it). Pricey, but I
have to admit it does an incredible job. Zero tearout as far as I can
tell, ready to glue edges.

noonenparticular wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

oups.com...

noonenparticular wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

I agree, you can rarely go wrong with a Forrest, but that's a little out of
my price range for the amount of work I'll be doing with it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

http://www.freudtools.com/woodworker...aminate_1.html

noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Scraper Plane Edge Prep B_Lerner Woodworking 10 March 25th 05 09:36 PM
warped saw blade? GBannish Woodworking 3 January 11th 05 04:31 PM
Stryco blade welder Jim Levie Metalworking 18 December 17th 04 08:54 PM