DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Melamine Blade (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/141662-melamine-blade.html)

noonenparticular January 23rd 06 11:29 PM

Melamine Blade

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

David January 23rd 06 11:32 PM

Melamine Blade

noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided"
means both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't
get the Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

noonenparticular January 23rd 06 11:41 PM

Melamine Blade

David,

Looked into your request. International tools has the non-teflon coated on
sale for $40 which seems like an almost gloatable deal. Did you get the
teflon or non-teflon. Would you recommend this purchase? I think the two
are identical except for the coating.

jc

noonenparticular January 23rd 06 11:42 PM

Melamine Blade

beg pardon, I looked into your *recommendation*..... I really shouldn't type
while doing anything else.... 8-(

t...

David January 23rd 06 11:58 PM

Melamine Blade

"David" wrote in message

noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means
both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get the
Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

:) that's ok. I've made more typos than the average bear. and also
substituted homonyms. I think I posted the part number recently. I'll
see if i can find it and get back to you in a few minutes.

Dave

David January 24th 06 12:05 AM

Melamine Blade

"David" wrote in message

noonenparticular wrote:

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means
both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get the
Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

"Industrial - Item No. LU97R010" - that's the part number

noonenparticular January 24th 06 12:06 AM

Melamine Blade

Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means
both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get
the Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

"Industrial - Item No. LU97R010" - that's the part number

That's what I'll go with. Thanks for the help.

jc

[email protected] January 24th 06 12:20 AM

Melamine Blade

I got the Forrest Hi-AT/B blade (Lee Valley sells it). Pricey, but I
have to admit it does an incredible job. Zero tearout as far as I can
tell, ready to glue edges.

noonenparticular January 24th 06 05:52 PM

Melamine Blade

oups.com...

noonenparticular wrote:
Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm
looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range.
Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

I agree, you can rarely go wrong with a Forrest, but that's a little out of
my price range for the amount of work I'll be doing with it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

jc