Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Default Where to get Ball Bearing rollers

I would like to build sort of a feed table for my table saw, and would
like to have the ball bearing rollers onit to help move it easier side
to side and of course forward. Where would you recommend to get these
rollers. Seems like rockler is about the only place that seems to have
them. I am thinking the 5/8" one are good enough.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

bdeditch wrote:
I would like to build sort of a feed table for my table saw, and would
like to have the ball bearing rollers onit to help move it easier side
to side and of course forward. Where would you recommend to get these
rollers. Seems like rockler is about the only place that seems to have
them. I am thinking the 5/8" one are good enough.

Roller conveyor is a material handling item used by conveyor manufacturers.

Get out your WOLLEY SEGAP and let your fingers do the walking.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike in Arkansas

Woodcraft has them if you have a local store. Grainger has them also.
Grainger.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rob V

Do you mean like these ??? :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Conveyor-Rollers...QQcmdZViewItem

or
http://tinyurl.com/damyv

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to build sort of a feed table for my table saw, and would
like to have the ball bearing rollers onit to help move it easier side
to side and of course forward. Where would you recommend to get these
rollers. Seems like rockler is about the only place that seems to have
them. I am thinking the 5/8" one are good enough.

Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

No neither of those is what I was meaning

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian In Hampton

Try www.mcmaster.com . They have what you need. look under "ball
transfers".................Brian

--
www.members.cox.net/bsnikitas
"Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People
"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
No neither of those is what I was meaning

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

bdeditch wrote:
I would like to build sort of a feed table for my table saw, and would
like to have the ball bearing rollers onit to help move it easier side
to side and of course forward. Where would you recommend to get these
rollers. Seems like rockler is about the only place that seems to have
them. I am thinking the 5/8" one are good enough.

believe it or not, ebay. I bought a few for my home made drum sander

http://www.areddy.net/wood

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

On 12 Dec 2005 21:15:32 -0800, bdeditch wrote:
No neither of those is what I was meaning

Who or what are you responding to? Let me guess: you use google.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

"Dave Hinz" wrote
On 12 Dec 2005 21:15:32 -0800, bdeditch wrote:
No neither of those is what I was meaning

Who or what are you responding to? Let me guess: you use google.

He is talking to himself.

And he thinks that we are all psychic.

Posted to rec.woodworking
John Doe

"bdeditch" wrote in news:1134428434.265880.199950
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I would like to build sort of a feed table for my table saw, and would
like to have the ball bearing rollers onit to help move it easier side
to side and of course forward. Where would you recommend to get these
rollers. Seems like rockler is about the only place that seems to have
them. I am thinking the 5/8" one are good enough.

Look for roller blade or scooter repair kits. I've seen these for
dirt cheap at local closeout stores.

Posted to rec.woodworking
SteveB

"John Doe" wrote in message
"bdeditch" wrote in news:1134428434.265880.199950
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I would like to build sort of a feed table for my table saw, and would
like to have the ball bearing rollers onit to help move it easier side
to side and of course forward. Where would you recommend to get these
rollers. Seems like rockler is about the only place that seems to have
them. I am thinking the 5/8" one are good enough.

Look for roller blade or scooter repair kits. I've seen these for
dirt cheap at local closeout stores.

Are you talking about small ones, or the ones that are on those material
handling conveyors? The ones about 2" in diameter and 12" long?

I searched and searched, and found only ones that were priced comparably
with 18k gold. Then my neighbor, a junk collector, brought me a milk crate
with about fifty in there. I only need ten.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:17:01 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote
On 12 Dec 2005 21:15:32 -0800, bdeditch wrote:
No neither of those is what I was meaning

Who or what are you responding to? Let me guess: you use google.

He is talking to himself.

And he thinks that we are all psychic.

Well, he's close, psycho maybe, not psychic. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Well, he's close, psycho maybe, not psychic. :-)

I guess you would know!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Nobull4u

The key word for is "BALL TRANSFERS". Enco has them in stock as Model
#891-4170
for a Low Price: $3.32 ea. Currently they have free shipping. I have
not decided which will be better, a bunch of ball transfers or strips
of that slippery stuff (UHMW).

Posted to rec.woodworking
Nobull4u

Oops the URL for ENCO is http://www.use-enco.com