nickwn

Default Bandsaw riser blocks

See the May /June 2004 Fine Wood Working Magazine for a run down on Band
Saws
"Anonymous" wrote in message
newsan.2004.09.04.05.34.00.876683@notarealserver .com...
I'm not having much (any) success locating bandsaws for which riser blocks
are available. Can someone clue me in on which brands have them available
(OEM) and their approximate price / other considerations that might come
to mind?

All I am lacking of the 'major' tools now are a bandsaw and a planer. I'm
looking to acquire them a.s.a.p. but I don't want to 'buy small' unless I
know I can grow without having to replace.

Bill

--
http://cannaday.us (genealogy)
http://organic-earth.com (organic gardening)

Denis Marier

The original manufacturers for most bandsaw are in China.
They produced branded names for People like BusyBeetools, Grizzly, Jet and
many others.
This means that the probability of the riser block being the same are good.
In Canada BusyBeetools sell a riser block kit #CT 015EXT (for their 15"
bandsaw) for $49.00CAD. This includes 1- 4" extension block, 1- 1/2" blade,
extension rod, blade guard. Other resellers are demanding $99.99CAD for the
same kit.
In the US I would start by checking with Jet and Grizzly.

"Anonymous" wrote in message
newsan.2004.09.04.05.34.00.876683@notarealserver .com...
I'm not having much (any) success locating bandsaws for which riser blocks
are available. Can someone clue me in on which brands have them available
(OEM) and their approximate price / other considerations that might come
to mind?

All I am lacking of the 'major' tools now are a bandsaw and a planer. I'm
looking to acquire them a.s.a.p. but I don't want to 'buy small' unless I
know I can grow without having to replace.

Bill

--
http://cannaday.us (genealogy)
http://organic-earth.com (organic gardening)
Uptimes below for the machines that created / host these sites.
01:29:00 up 24 days, 8:09, 3 users, load average: 0.27, 0.21, 0.18
01:16:00 up 121 days, 9:17, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Walt Novinger

Delta, Powermatic, Jet, General and others all make riser blocks for their
14" saws. Kits include longer guards for both sides of the blade, longer
shaft for the upper guides, etc. You will have to have ~105" blades for
most saws, too. Remember that, although you will now have a greater resaw
capacity in terms of depth-of-cut, you still have a (typically) 1-1.5HP
motor and a 14" frame. Don't expect the saw to handle 10" oak resaws as
well as a bigger saw with heavier frame and larger motor and bearings.

Walt