Brian Walker

Default Boat park surface problem

My sailing club has just finished building a new club house that has wooden
floors. The 3200M2 compound around it, is finished with "crusher dust", a 1
to 5mm aggregate over 75mm hard core.

The problem is that we can not keep the grit out of the club house and it
will destroy the floor finish in time.

The "crusher dust" was raked and rolled and it is a functional surface.
Is there any way of stabilise the surface at a reasonable cost?
Owain

"Brian Walker" wrote
| My sailing club has just finished building a new club house that
| has wooden floors. The 3200M2 compound around it, is finished
| with "crusher dust", a 1 to 5mm aggregate over 75mm hard core.
| The problem is that we can not keep the grit out of the club house
| and it will destroy the floor finish in time.
| The "crusher dust" was raked and rolled and it is a functional
| surface. Is there any way of stabilise the surface at a reasonable
| cost?

I don't know how much it costs, but it sounds like a suitable application
for Fibre Deck (or similar spelling). It's hot liquid asphalt with chopped
glassfibre in, with fine stones over the top rolled in. It's applied by a
ride-on machine and is suitable for pedestrian and cycle traffic. Lots of
paths on some heathland near me were done with it.

I think it's proprietary to Colas. Google.

In the meantime, or as well, you can get some really big mats for the doors,
the ones you can take outside and hose down.

Owain

Rob Morley

In article , "Owain" owain41276
@stirlingcity.co.uk says...
"Brian Walker" wrote
| My sailing club has just finished building a new club house that
| has wooden floors. The 3200M2 compound around it, is finished
| with "crusher dust", a 1 to 5mm aggregate over 75mm hard core.
| The problem is that we can not keep the grit out of the club house
| and it will destroy the floor finish in time.
| The "crusher dust" was raked and rolled and it is a functional
| surface. Is there any way of stabilise the surface at a reasonable
| cost?

I don't know how much it costs, but it sounds like a suitable application
for Fibre Deck (or similar spelling). It's hot liquid asphalt with chopped
glassfibre in, with fine stones over the top rolled in. It's applied by a
ride-on machine and is suitable for pedestrian and cycle traffic. Lots of
paths on some heathland near me were done with it.

I suspect a boat park is going to see quite a few 4x4s coming and going.
nightjar

"Brian Walker" wrote in message
98...

My sailing club has just finished building a new club house that has
wooden
floors. The 3200M2 compound around it, is finished with "crusher dust", a
1
to 5mm aggregate over 75mm hard core.

The problem is that we can not keep the grit out of the club house and it
will destroy the floor finish in time.

The "crusher dust" was raked and rolled and it is a functional surface.
Is there any way of stabilise the surface at a reasonable cost?

I would try putting down a more stable surface, concrete, block paving, etc.
on the approach to the club house entrance, then fitting really good
entrance mats. Try a Google search on entrance matting or on Frontrunner
matting, which is one such system that I have used. They usually have two or
three different mats, outdoors and indoors, that progressively remove
different levels of contamination as people walk over them.

Colin Bignell

Slice a granite surface plate, make scraping straightedges? Richard J Kinch Metalworking 7 February 27th 04 12:13 AM
Problem with new water heater (electric) - please advice Robert Home Repair 8 February 19th 04 05:27 AM
Mitre saw surface finish ss Metalworking 1 February 9th 04 08:51 PM
Super Volcanoes Gunner Metalworking 1 November 29th 03 01:40 PM
Bletchley Park and the Enigma Peter Reilley Metalworking 45 August 3rd 03 12:58 AM