Graeme

Default Building a long wooden shed

I'm thinking about putting a wooden shed along the length (26') of our
house's side wall. Could this cause problems as the ground would presumably
be drier than that on the other 3 sides?

logized

"Graeme" wrote in message
I'm thinking about putting a wooden shed along the length (26') of our
house's side wall. Could this cause problems as the ground would
presumably
be drier than that on the other 3 sides?

It may be subject to planning permission if it covers over 50% of the garden
or is within 5m of the house - check your council's website - also the
building regs "Party Wall" act may require you to consult your neighbours.

Dave

Graeme

"logized" wrote in message

"Graeme" wrote in message
I'm thinking about putting a wooden shed along the length (26') of our
house's side wall. Could this cause problems as the ground would
presumably
be drier than that on the other 3 sides?

It may be subject to planning permission if it covers over 50% of the

garden
or is within 5m of the house - check your council's website - also the
building regs "Party Wall" act may require you to consult your neighbours.

It also looks like the shed must be more than 1m from a boundary, and 2m
away from the house (as it is built from combustible material).
I know a lot of my neighbours would fall foul of the 1m rule.

raden

In message , Graeme
writes
I'm thinking about putting a wooden shed along the length (26') of our
house's side wall. Could this cause problems as the ground would presumably
be drier than that on the other 3 sides?

Mungo's your man ...

--
geoff

Old electrical wiring to outbuildings Nate Baxley Home Repair 11 July 19th 04 07:53 PM
Building a Wooden Garage Door [email protected] Woodworking 12 June 17th 04 04:44 PM
Building an Extension (Preparation Stage) Andrew UK diy 7 December 29th 03 11:48 PM
Building Warrants - Buying Flat Without L Reid UK diy 6 July 16th 03 03:54 PM