Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Window stay - variable opening with screw catch plus full opening

Fiddling with the window stay on our new bedroom large oak French window.
It is a standard window stay with a limited opening, and also no secure
clip down.

I had a 'moment' with a gust of wind which made me think the stay was not
a secure way of fixing this window.

So - what I want.

A long robust stay which will allow constant variable opening - not just a
few stops - and will also lock in any position.
So far so good - there are such stays, usually the stay runs through an
oblong opening with a screw on top to clamp it.

However these stays also seem to have an end stop which prevents the stay
coming out of the clamp.

I want to be able to completely unhook the window and swing it right back
against the outside wall like a shutter.

So does anyone know of a window stay which will meet both requirements?

Cheers

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Fiddling with the window stay on our new bedroom large oak French window.
It is a standard window stay with a limited opening, and also no secure
clip down.

I had a 'moment' with a gust of wind which made me think the stay was not
a secure way of fixing this window.

So - what I want.

A long robust stay which will allow constant variable opening - not just a
few stops - and will also lock in any position.
So far so good - there are such stays, usually the stay runs through an
oblong opening with a screw on top to clamp it.

However these stays also seem to have an end stop which prevents the stay
coming out of the clamp.

I want to be able to completely unhook the window and swing it right back
against the outside wall like a shutter.

So does anyone know of a window stay which will meet both requirements?

Perfect time for the favorite answer in ukDIY.... ANGLE GRINDER.....

.....applied to the end stop, sorted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:14:27 +0100, Gazz wrote:

[...]

As long as there is also an angle un-grinder to refit the end stop.

I need a stay with an easily removable/refittable stop.

Cheers

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David WE Roberts" wrote

I want to be able to completely unhook the window and swing it right
back against the outside wall like a shutter.

So does anyone know of a window stay which will meet both requirements?

Perfect time for the favorite answer in ukDIY.... ANGLE GRINDER.....

....applied to the end stop, sorted.

As long as there is also an angle un-grinder to refit the end stop.

I need a stay with an easily removable/refittable stop.

'kinell, do you want the moon on a stick too?

Mount the inner end of the slider stay jobby via an easily removable
method... pin that can be pulled out, quarter turn screw or something?

Opening a hole for a window MiamiCuse Home Repair 7 September 18th 07 07:42 PM
new window opening in ensuite bathroom [email protected] UK diy 10 November 2nd 05 03:00 AM
New Window Opening [email protected] UK diy 9 August 13th 05 09:46 PM
Window Not Opening Lenny Brown UK diy 2 December 10th 04 08:36 PM
Door hinge to allow full opening (180degrees)? Sean UK diy 3 November 12th 04 03:26 PM