Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_7_] David WE Roberts[_7_] is offline

Default Window stay - variable opening with screw catch plus full opening

Fiddling with the window stay on our new bedroom large oak French window.
It is a standard window stay with a limited opening, and also no secure
clip down.

I had a 'moment' with a gust of wind which made me think the stay was not
a secure way of fixing this window.

So - what I want.

A long robust stay which will allow constant variable opening - not just a
few stops - and will also lock in any position.
So far so good - there are such stays, usually the stay runs through an
oblong opening with a screw on top to clamp it.

However these stays also seem to have an end stop which prevents the stay
coming out of the clamp.

I want to be able to completely unhook the window and swing it right back
against the outside wall like a shutter.

So does anyone know of a window stay which will meet both requirements?

Cheers

Dave R