Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sam Plusnet Sam Plusnet is offline

Default Window stay - variable opening with screw catch plus full opening

In article , says...

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:14:27 +0100, Gazz wrote:

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Fiddling with the window stay on our new bedroom large oak French
window. It is a standard window stay with a limited opening, and also
no secure clip down.

I had a 'moment' with a gust of wind which made me think the stay was
not a secure way of fixing this window.

So - what I want.

A long robust stay which will allow constant variable opening - not
just a few stops - and will also lock in any position.
So far so good - there are such stays, usually the stay runs through an
oblong opening with a screw on top to clamp it.

However these stays also seem to have an end stop which prevents the
stay coming out of the clamp.

I want to be able to completely unhook the window and swing it right
back against the outside wall like a shutter.

So does anyone know of a window stay which will meet both requirements?

Perfect time for the favorite answer in ukDIY.... ANGLE GRINDER.....

....applied to the end stop, sorted.

As long as there is also an angle un-grinder to refit the end stop.

I need a stay with an easily removable/refittable stop.

As above, then drill a hole in the end of the stay and put a nut and
bolt through it?

I admit this may not be acceptable in some households.

--
Sam