Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car battery charger

Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my
car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled
for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought and would like
to get a Ctek. But which model do I need? I have an ordinary small car
with a standard battery. Would the MXS 5.0 be the right one for me?

TIA for all advice.

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Hugh Newbury wrote:
Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my
car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled
for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought and would like
to get a Ctek. But which model do I need? I have an ordinary small car
with a standard battery. Would the MXS 5.0 be the right one for me?

Lidl and Aldi have that sort of charger quite frequently, but on special
offer. It goes to a maintenance charge after the battery is full, and can
be left on indefinitely. Cost about 13 quid - a third or less than the
'branded' ones that probably come from the same factory.

--
*There's no place like www.home.com *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Hugh Newbury wrote:
Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my
car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled
for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought and would like
to get a Ctek. But which model do I need? I have an ordinary small car
with a standard battery. Would the MXS 5.0 be the right one for me?

Lidl and Aldi have that sort of charger quite frequently, but on special
offer. It goes to a maintenance charge after the battery is full, and can
be left on indefinitely. Cost about 13 quid - a third or less than the
'branded' ones that probably come from the same factory.

But which model?

Hugh

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Hugh Newbury wrote:
In article ,
Hugh Newbury wrote:
Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to
my car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so
settled for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought and
would like to get a Ctek. But which model do I need? I have an
ordinary small car with a standard battery. Would the MXS 5.0 be the
right one for me?

Lidl and Aldi have that sort of charger quite frequently, but on
special offer. It goes to a maintenance charge after the battery is
full, and can be left on indefinitely. Cost about 13 quid - a third or
less than the 'branded' ones that probably come from the same factory.

But which model?

Think it's badged Tronic. Only seem to sell the one type of car charger.

--
*It was all so different before everything changed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 July, 14:00, Hugh Newbury wrote:
Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my
car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled
for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought and would like
to get a Ctek. But which model do I need? I have an ordinary small car
with a standard battery. Would the MXS 5.0 be the right one for me?

TIA for all advice.

Hugh

I'm not clear why you'd want a specific brand. Trickle charger of any
brand would do

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:00:07 +0100, Hugh Newbury
wrote:

Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my
car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled
for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought and would like
to get a Ctek. But which model do I need? I have an ordinary small car
with a standard battery. Would the MXS 5.0 be the right one for me?

TIA for all advice.

Hugh

I use an ageing and obsolete Optimate which works fine when I leave the
car for 2 or 3 months at a time
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
NT wrote:
On 29 July, 14:00, Hugh Newbury wrote:
Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my
car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled
for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought and would like
to get a Ctek. But which model do I need? I have an ordinary small car
with a standard battery. Would the MXS 5.0 be the right one for me?

TIA for all advice.

Hugh

I'm not clear why you'd want a specific brand. Trickle charger of any
brand would do

Trickle charging is too general a term. That which can be left on
indefinitely is called a maintenance charge.

--
*Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.