Billy N

Default Central Heating not Switching off

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that i have
with my ch. my heating and water are on continuoius and will not
switch of. I have tried switch it of at the
a) control panel but it still remains on
b) the room therostat, sill on
the only way i can get it to go off is if i switch the boiler
isolation switch off

Hope someone out there can help me.
Roger Mills

"Billy N" wrote in message
om...
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that i have
with my ch. my heating and water are on continuoius and will not
switch of. I have tried switch it of at the
a) control panel but it still remains on
b) the room therostat, sill on
the only way i can get it to go off is if i switch the boiler
isolation switch off

Hope someone out there can help me.

Sounds like you may have a frost stat which runs the CH when the outside
temperature falls to a certain level - even if it is otherwise switched off.
Try to find it, and check that it's not set at too high a temperature.

Roger

BigWallop

"Billy N" wrote in message
om...
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that i have
with my ch. my heating and water are on continuoius and will not
switch of. I have tried switch it of at the
a) control panel but it still remains on
b) the room therostat, sill on
the only way i can get it to go off is if i switch the boiler
isolation switch off

Hope someone out there can help me.

Make and model of the timer/programmer please ?

Same information on the boiler would help lots.

Age and layout of the system is even more of a help.

Billy N

"BigWallop" wrote in message ...
"Billy N" wrote in message
om...
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that i have
with my ch. my heating and water are on continuoius and will not
switch of. I have tried switch it of at the
a) control panel but it still remains on
b) the room therostat, sill on
the only way i can get it to go off is if i switch the boiler
isolation switch off

Hope someone out there can help me.

Make and model of the timer/programmer please ?

Same information on the boiler would help lots.

Age and layout of the system is even more of a help.

Thanks folks

Make & Model of Boiler: potterton Flamingo RS40s/50s
make & Model timer : landis & Gyr RWB2
AGE about : 20 years

Ed Sirett

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:28:45 +0000, Billy N wrote:

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that i have
with my ch. my heating and water are on continuoius and will not
switch of. I have tried switch it of at the
a) control panel but it still remains on
b) the room therostat, sill on
the only way i can get it to go off is if i switch the boiler
isolation switch off

Hope someone out there can help me.

The main FAQ has a fair bit on controls heating controls.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

BigWallop

"Billy N" wrote in message
om...
"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Billy N" wrote in message
om...
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that i have
with my ch. my heating and water are on continuoius and will not
switch of. I have tried switch it of at the
a) control panel but it still remains on
b) the room therostat, sill on
the only way i can get it to go off is if i switch the boiler
isolation switch off

Hope someone out there can help me.

Make and model of the timer/programmer please ?

Same information on the boiler would help lots.

Age and layout of the system is even more of a help.

Thanks folks

Make & Model of Boiler: potterton Flamingo RS40s/50s
make & Model timer : landis & Gyr RWB2
AGE about : 20 years

After ruling out the frost 'stat outside, it could be that the switch
terminals on the timer have eventually welded themselves together. If the
timer is the same age as the rest of the system, I'd start looking there.

You will need a meter that can produce its own readings in the Ohms range to
check it properly. Remove the timer from its back plate and check across
the HW and CH connections to see if they are opening and closing as they
should.

central heating probs mark UK diy 3 October 20th 03 11:35 AM
Oil-fired central heating control? Frances UK diy 1 October 2nd 03 10:57 AM
No central heating - HW only threewayvalve and tank therm John UK diy 7 September 29th 03 09:18 AM
Pool water in central heating system Andy Hall UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 05:01 PM
Further to my last post entitled 'Flushing and treating central heating question' David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 July 29th 03 07:15 PM