Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Painting wood that's been waterproofed

I am about to build a brick shed which will have a pine door ( F.L.B.) and
frame. At the moment this is bare wood.

I've got half a can of Thompsons waterproofer. If I painted that on first,
would I be able to apply subsequent finishes without problems.
The reason I ask is that I have experience of trying to get render to stick
on to walls that had been waterproofed, not easy.

mark

painting wood and metal benpost UK diy 4 July 9th 08 10:28 PM
painting PT wood cj Home Repair 5 April 26th 06 02:16 PM
understanding wood painting... Faustino Dina Woodworking 1 November 17th 03 06:58 PM
Painting Tanalised Wood. Zapp Brannigan Woodworking 3 October 10th 03 12:55 PM
Painting Varnished Wood Charles Middleton UK diy 3 September 27th 03 12:48 PM