Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default workshop wireless burglar alarm

My current workshop is attached to my single storie house which I have
become aware of being a fire hazard, so I'm building a new one
attached to the garage - not quite so critical if that goes on fire !!

The downside is that this being closer to the lane is a little more
likely to get broken into. I'm looking for a single channel alarm
that will transmit 30m to the house. I've found something on google
but it's several channels and is ~£100. OK this is cheap as far as
the lost tools would cost, but has anyone come across anything that is
simple and less expensive.

TIA
Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:28:53 -0800 (PST), robgraham wrote:

My current workshop is attached to my single storie house which I have
become aware of being a fire hazard, so I'm building a new one
attached to the garage

"Workshop" implies power, if only for light, so no doubt you will be
diging a trench for that. Just bung in another duct for LV stuff and run a
few CAT5 cables through it for network, alarm and phone use.

Pretty sure Maplin have simple alarm module kits.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"robgraham" wrote in message

but has anyone come across anything that is
simple and less expensive.

Shotgun cartridge and trip wire?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"MikeS" writes:

"robgraham" wrote in message

but has anyone come across anything that is
simple and less expensive.

Shotgun cartridge and trip wire?

Depends how often you need a new cartridge...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Feb, 22:35, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:28:53 -0800 (PST), robgraham wrote:
My current workshop is attached to my single storie house which I have
become aware of being a fire hazard, so I'm building a new one
attached to the garage

"Workshop" implies power, if only for light, so no doubt you will be
diging a trench for that. Just bung in another duct for LV stuff and run a
few CAT5 cables through it for network, alarm and phone use.

Pretty sure Maplin have simple alarm module kits.

--
Cheers
Dave.

New workshop attached to already powered garage. It's just a case of
adding a couple of new MCB's to the existing CU, complete with RCD and
seperate TT earth, in case anyone picks me up on that !!!