Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Has anyone tried Granite-coating an existing worktop?

I've seen several adverts for people who put a veneer of granite on
existing worktops (an example: http://www.granitetransformations.co.uk/)
- is the end result any good?

I re-fitted our kitchen a few years ago and used Bushboard Omega Noir,
it looked great to start with but has quickly deteriorated. Maybe a
granite coating would be the answer - ?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , NoSpam
writes
I've seen several adverts for people who put a veneer of granite on
existing worktops (an example: http://www.granitetransformations.co.uk/)
- is the end result any good?

I re-fitted our kitchen a few years ago and used Bushboard Omega Noir,
it looked great to start with but has quickly deteriorated. Maybe a
granite coating would be the answer - ?

I couldn't see any mention of the thickness of the veneer, I'd be
concerned over the risk of breakage with a thin layer of an inflexible
material was applied over a wooden (or chip) base.

I noticed that the lifetime warranty was from an Italian company so
little chance of redress if it wasn't honoured and it excluded pretty
much anything that could go wrong, installation problems being
specifically excluded.

But it could be great ;-)
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article , NoSpam
writes
[...]

Mmm - my worktop has bowed a bit - a cover would break I feel sure.

Granite Worktop Company Granite Worktop Company UK diy 1 October 10th 08 11:56 AM
Granite / marble worktop R.P.McMurphy UK diy 8 April 28th 07 10:05 AM
Granite Worktop Repairs UK diy 5 March 28th 06 02:14 PM
Inset hob into granite worktop Andy Bernard UK diy 0 January 26th 05 08:03 PM
Granite worktop span Christian McArdle UK diy 7 February 9th 04 11:11 AM