Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default concrete path

I am laying a concrete path 50mm deep x 15m long x 1m wide. I have lots of
ballast, but how many bags of cement will I need and what mix ratio to use?

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

croxley wrote:
I am laying a concrete path 50mm deep x 15m long x 1m wide. I have lots of
ballast, but how many bags of cement will I need and what mix ratio to use?

Thanks

Have a look here for calculators http://www.pavingexpert.com/home.htm

I'm a bit concerned that 50mm is not really thick enough and will crack
in time. Not so much with just foot traffic load but from ground heave
in cold weather.
I'd try to go a bit thicker and put a strip of thin MDF across the path
every couple of meteres. This will rot away quite quickly and give the
path a bit of flexibility and a 'defined' crack rather than a zig zig
one later.

Good luck

Bob