anyone know which CH pump will be suitable

Old August 29th 07, 11:23 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default anyone know which CH pump will be suitable

Looking at replacing my CH pump which I think it on it's way out and
blowing fuses. The current one is an SMC Commodore 130-70W 240V 50Hz

It seems from the web that the 130 is the dimensions between the inlet/
outlet of the pump. Does that mean that any 130 pump with the 50Hz
frequency and 240v will interchange suitably?

thanks

Old August 29th 07, 05:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Looking at replacing my CH pump which I think it on it's way out and
blowing fuses. The current one is an SMC Commodore 130-70W 240V 50Hz

It seems from the web that the 130 is the dimensions between the
inlet/ outlet of the pump. Does that mean that any 130 pump with the
50Hz frequency and 240v will interchange suitably?

thanks

Any 240v 130mm pump will physically fit - but that's not the whole story.

You also need to consider the pressure and flow combinations which it can
deliver. For example, the description of Grundfos pumps include numbers like
15-50. This means that they can deliver 15 gallons per minute at zero
pressure, or produce a pressure of 50kPa at zero flow. [Don't ask me why
they use mixed imperial and metric units - other than that gives bigger
numbers and looks more impressive!]

ISTR that the Commodore was a fairly powerful pump - and that SMC also made
a less powerful model called the Cadet - so you need to look in a bit more
detail at the spec of the Commodore, and get one which matches.

Having said that, I would make sure that it *is* the pump at fault before
replacing it - using the method I suggested yesterday. Geoff has suggested
that another significant suspect is the boiler fan - so you need to check
that out too.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Suitable Rough Saw robthill Woodworking 5 May 26th 07 09:19 PM
suitable tile vent SoWeezy UK diy 1 June 11th 06 10:39 PM
Suitable wood [email protected] Woodworking 14 December 3rd 05 11:17 PM
Suitable bricks ? [email protected] UK diy 4 April 8th 05 01:17 PM
Suitable adhesive? Sloper UK diy 10 March 20th 05 09:54 AM