Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stainless steel to wood adhesive

Hello all,

I have a stainless steel "worktop" sink (all in one). The whole thing
is a piece of SS folded around a 1 1/2" wooden frame with additional
cross pieces. The flat sections of the worktop are glued to the cross
pieces with some sort of adhesive (silicone maybe). One area has
become detached and the worktop pings up and down when pressed. I
will call the manufacturer for advice but what would the recommended
adhesive be - there are so many around. It will need to take a bit of
movement as the steel is not rigid and does flex a little when
pressed, also I have very little space to squeeze it into, I could not
"spread evenly over both surfaces" for instance. Thank you in
advance, Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Micbooster wrote:
Hello all,

I have a stainless steel "worktop" sink (all in one). The whole thing
is a piece of SS folded around a 1 1/2" wooden frame with additional
cross pieces. The flat sections of the worktop are glued to the cross
pieces with some sort of adhesive (silicone maybe). One area has
become detached and the worktop pings up and down when pressed. I
will call the manufacturer for advice but what would the recommended
adhesive be - there are so many around. It will need to take a bit of
movement as the steel is not rigid and does flex a little when
pressed, also I have very little space to squeeze it into, I could not
"spread evenly over both surfaces" for instance. Thank you in
advance, Nick.

Try polyurethane foam.

Or epoxy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:47:26 -0000, Micbooster
wrote:

what would the recommendedadhesive be

Try a boatyard. You want one of the Sikkaflex range of flexible
polyurethanes.

These aren't the same as the rigid foaming polyurethanes, which won't
work worth a damn.

Sellotape adhesive on stainless steel F UK diy 13 August 25th 07 10:19 AM
Stainless steel nuts galling on stainless steel bolts spaco Metalworking 15 April 12th 06 06:02 PM
stainless steel kklein Metalworking 7 September 5th 04 04:54 AM
Appliances-Brushed steel Vs Stainless steel DIY Novice UK diy 7 August 24th 04 06:44 PM
MIG and 304 stainless steel Carl Ijames Metalworking 1 October 2nd 03 04:26 AM