Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bodgit

Default connecting kitchen waste to soil pipe

I'm in the process of moving the kitchen to a different room. The room
where the kitchen will go is an extension so there is a 12" wall
between the kitchen and the bathroom where I want to connect the sink
waste to. The toilet cistern and pan connector were all boxed in and
tiled over, and I've just removed that and have discovered that the job
isn't as simple as it first looked!

The toilet pan is connected via a pan connector to a 90 degree plastic
bend, then that goes into the concrete floor (This is a 15" thick solid
concrete suspended floor, ie there's a room underneath). The soil pipe
must then bend through 90 degrees and connect up to the cast iron soil
stack a couple of feet away, but the connection is concealed in the
concrete floor.

If I were to connect the kitchen waste directly to the soil stack, that
would involve me cutting a hole in the concrete floor then making some
nasty boxed-in connection in the room below, which I don't particularly
like the idea of, not to mention it's a pain connecting to a CI stack.

Do I have any options for connecting the kitchen waste directly to the
90 degree bend at the back of the toilet? I know there are regulations
about how far the connections need to be from a toilet. How about if I
were to replace the 90 degree bend at the back of the toilet with a tee
and connect the kitchen waste to a fitting connected to the top of the
tee? Would there be any problems with this?

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks,
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC

Bodgit wrote:
Do I have any options for connecting the kitchen waste directly to the
90 degree bend at the back of the toilet? I know there are regulations
about how far the connections need to be from a toilet. How about if I
were to replace the 90 degree bend at the back of the toilet with a tee
and connect the kitchen waste to a fitting connected to the top of the
tee? Would there be any problems with this?

Could you connext a sub-stack with AAV to the tee ? I think you might
need the AAV to prevent siphonage.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bodgit

Could you connext a sub-stack with AAV to the tee ? I think you might
need the AAV to prevent siphonage.

What exactly do you mean by a sub-stack? AAV sounds good. I can do
that!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC

Bodgit wrote:
Could you connext a sub-stack with AAV to the tee ? I think you might
need the AAV to prevent siphonage.

What exactly do you mean by a sub-stack? AAV sounds good. I can do
that!

vertical section of soil pipe, waste pipes then connect into this so
above the level of he wc. top of sub stack needs to be higher than
basin/sink to prevent nasty things escaping in event of blockage.
sub-stack + AVV prevents siphonage.

see page 8 of
http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/Hep%20pdfs/IP5_05%20waste%20valves.pdf