Ferroli boiler

Old January 17th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ferroli boiler

Hello
Some months back (pre condensor boiler requirement) we rushed into
having a ferroli combination modena boiler fitted but only now since
finishing the kitchen have we noticed a problem. Its this. When the
heating is on turning on the hot water tap cuts to hot water which is
fine. However turning on the cold water also cuts off the heating. The
boiler does not light up suggesting tripping of the hot water
valve(?).We thought fitting a single check valve on the cold water feed
into the boiler might solve the problem but it hasn't. Help and advice
much appreciated.

Kaz

Old January 18th 06, 04:16 PM
Member

Location: Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
Hello
Some months back (pre condensor boiler requirement) we rushed into
having a ferroli combination modena boiler fitted but only now since
finishing the kitchen have we noticed a problem. Its this. When the
heating is on turning on the hot water tap cuts to hot water which is
fine. However turning on the cold water also cuts off the heating. The
boiler does not light up suggesting tripping of the hot water
valve(?).We thought fitting a single check valve on the cold water feed
into the boiler might solve the problem but it hasn't. Help and advice
much appreciated.

Kaz
This won't help, but I have the same boiler & haven't had this problem. Are you sure it was installed correctly?
Old January 18th 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

From what I can gather when the heating is on and you turn on a hot water
tap then nothing works.
There is a thermostat/thermister on both the hot water and heating. If the
hot water one is faulty then when you turn on a tap a seperate flow switch
will turn off the heating but because the hot water thermostat/thermister is
faulty you will get nothing. The stat is easy to find, its inside the boiler
on the hot water pipe just before it comes out of the boiler, two wires are
connected to it. The heating has exactly the same type of stat but for
heating
oups.com...

Old January 18th 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Ian
Thank you for replying.
The hot water works fine, it's when the cold tap (note both hot and
cold are fed from the rising main) is turned on at the kitchen sink
that a click can be heard (similar to when the hot water is switched
on) and it switches off the heating (but shouldn't). If I was to say
flush the loo the water drawn from the tank in the loft when replaced
by the rising main does not switch of the heating. I suspect it might
just be the type of tap - lever from Ikea. I will try drawing cold
water from the washing machine feed tomorrow to see if this switches
off the boiler.
This is the second of this make of boiler that I've fitted, the
previous has worked perfectly well for the last 7 years.

Kaz

From what I can gather when the heating is on and you turn on a hot water
"Kaz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello
Some months back (pre condensor boiler requirement) we rushed into
having a ferroli combination modena boiler fitted but only now since
finishing the kitchen have we noticed a problem. Its this. When the
heating is on turning on the hot water tap cuts to hot water which is
fine. However turning on the cold water also cuts off the heating. The
boiler does not light up suggesting tripping of the hot water
valve(?).We thought fitting a single check valve on the cold water feed
into the boiler might solve the problem but it hasn't. Help and advice
much appreciated.

Kaz

New condensing boiler installation - truth or lies Martin Evans UK diy 57 July 2nd 05 02:13 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Boiler kettling? David Hearn UK diy 5 January 1st 04 07:47 PM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM