Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim

Default Leaking fluidmaster valve

Tim wrote:

the problem is this:

When it arrives I'll do a little experimentation to see if I can isolate
where the problem lies. The water not so much leaks out of the blue cap,
more spurts (so much that none seems to come out of the main fill tube
and it sometimes drips down the side of the cistern if it sprays at the
wrong angle). I'll post results.

Well the replacement fluidmaster 747uk turned up.
I replaced the twist-off cap assembly (the bit that holds the washer)
with that off the new one - no difference.

I replaced the main body of the valve with the new one, and fitted the
twist-off cap assembly from the old valve - success! A quiet non-leaky
fill again.

I'm not sure quite what this indicates. The body of both valves looks
identical. Maybe a bit of debris got wedged somewhere in the old one,
though I've tried to have a thorough look and can't see anything.

Hey ho - at least my bathroom floor is dry now!

Cheers,
Tim

Leaking shut-off valve - emergency fix? All Thumbs Home Repair 5 October 31st 05 05:11 PM
Leaking fluidmaster valve Tim UK diy 1 October 24th 05 08:24 PM
Fluidmaster valve cap leak [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 6th 05 12:17 AM
Leaking Stop Valve George Home Repair 2 March 15th 04 02:21 AM
Hot water heater AND shutoff valve both leaking Steven Litvintchouk Home Repair 8 December 27th 03 03:53 AM