Circular Shower Rail

Old November 2nd 05, 05:24 PM
Big Ron

Default Circular Shower Rail

I need one of these to fit my new shower-bath, but the problem is the wall
is a stooving and I will be fixing to wallboard. The ones I've seen (in
Argos and Next) have small diameter brackets which haven't a hope of holding
up the weight of a wet curtain and its own weight when fixed to boards.

Anyone know of a stockist with circular or oval rails with larger (or even
double) brackets?

Ron

Old November 2nd 05, 09:09 PM
Lobster

Big Ron wrote:
I need one of these to fit my new shower-bath, but the problem is the wall
is a stooving and I will be fixing to wallboard. The ones I've seen (in
Argos and Next) have small diameter brackets which haven't a hope of holding
up the weight of a wet curtain and its own weight when fixed to boards.

Anyone know of a stockist with circular or oval rails with larger (or even
double) brackets?

How about http://tinyurl.com/br6w5 (or
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101204&ts=62234&id=20838)

david
Old November 2nd 05, 09:22 PM
Ruski

Try a showroom then - got this one back in April, but may be discontinued or
summat.

Ruski

"Big Ron" wrote in message
No sign of any such on the website...

Ron
"Ruski" wrote in message
Bathstore.com

Old November 2nd 05, 09:56 PM
[email protected]

Lobster wrote:
Big Ron wrote:
I need one of these to fit my new shower-bath, but the problem is the wall
is a stooving and I will be fixing to wallboard. The ones I've seen (in
Argos and Next) have small diameter brackets which haven't a hope of holding
up the weight of a wet curtain and its own weight when fixed to boards.

Anyone know of a stockist with circular or oval rails with larger (or even
double) brackets?

How about http://tinyurl.com/br6w5 (or
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101204&ts=62234&id=20838)

david

You can buy these circular rails at showerail.com (visit our online
shop) 2 stays that fix to ceiling OR wall + ceiling. Good price !
Debbie

Old November 2nd 05, 10:17 PM
Rob Morley

In article , davidlobsterpot601
@hotmail.com says...
Big Ron wrote:
I need one of these to fit my new shower-bath, but the problem is the wall
is a stooving and I will be fixing to wallboard. The ones I've seen (in
Argos and Next) have small diameter brackets which haven't a hope of holding
up the weight of a wet curtain and its own weight when fixed to boards.

Stooving??

Studwork partition wall?

Telescopic shower rail (where only one end touches a wall) [email protected] UK diy 8 October 26th 05 06:52 PM
Flexible Shower Rail Lousy@DIY UK diy 0 March 7th 05 10:08 PM
19m stainless/chrome-on-brass for shower rail? Adrian UK diy 8 May 19th 04 04:38 PM
pipe bending to make a shower 'rail' NC UK diy 19 August 16th 03 05:32 PM
strange shaped shower rail NC UK diy 2 July 31st 03 01:33 PM