Pedro Popadopolous

Default How do I seal metal shed base?

Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It leaks
quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

Any ideas?

Cheers

chris French

In message , Pedro Popadopolous
writes
Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It leaks
quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

How big are the gaps that need filling, my first thought is some general
purpose building silicone sealant.
--
Chris French

Pedro Popadopolous

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Pedro Popadopolous
writes
Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It
leaks
quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

How big are the gaps that need filling, my first thought is some general
purpose building silicone sealant.

Very small, you couldn't ger a knife blade through, just enough for water
to trickle in

:-/

Lee

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:
Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It leaks
quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

Just put one of those up, I used expanding foam and gutter sealant.
(Then paid a visit to Ikea and saw that they had done the same with a
temporary warehouse )

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Lee

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:

Very small, you couldn't ger a knife blade through, just enough for water
to trickle in

Smaller than the gaps in ours then
I was too lazy to level the base properly...

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

kevin foote

Pedro,

Id go for a good quality silcone sealant, its important that is has high
elasticity as the metal will expand a great deal more than the conrete with
temperture. If go for a heavy duty exterior silcone sealant. I think some
gutter sealants may fit the bill. Must be highly elastic.

Kev

"Pedro Popadopolous" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It
leaks quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

Any ideas?

Cheers

Novice seeks any tips for installing rubber wall base Dolchas Home Repair 2 July 4th 04 03:22 PM
Concrete shed base Craig Graham UK diy 4 June 29th 04 06:46 AM
existing base for garden shed....break it? john west++++ UK diy 2 October 9th 03 01:47 PM
to break up existing concrete base or not for the new shed? john west++++ UK diy 1 October 1st 03 06:48 AM
Drywall screws for metal studs prone to strip, please help. andy everett Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 07:10 PM