DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How do I seal metal shed base? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/122856-how-do-i-seal-metal-shed-base.html)

Pedro Popadopolous October 1st 05 12:47 AM

How do I seal metal shed base?

Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It leaks
quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

Any ideas?

Cheers

chris French October 1st 05 08:52 AM

In message , Pedro Popadopolous
writes
Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It leaks
quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

How big are the gaps that need filling, my first thought is some general
purpose building silicone sealant.
--
Chris French

Pedro Popadopolous October 1st 05 11:46 AM

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Pedro Popadopolous
writes
Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It
leaks
quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

How big are the gaps that need filling, my first thought is some general
purpose building silicone sealant.

Very small, you couldn't ger a knife blade through, just enough for water
to trickle in

:-/

Lee October 1st 05 06:58 PM

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:
Hi All,

I have just erected (after much trouble) one of those yardmaster metal
sheds. What a nightmare.....

Anyway its up now and I want to seal around the base on the inside. It leaks
quite a lot from the grooves in the concrete.....

Just put one of those up, I used expanding foam and gutter sealant.
(Then paid a visit to Ikea and saw that they had done the same with a
temporary warehouse ;) )

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

Lee October 1st 05 07:00 PM

Pedro Popadopolous wrote:

Very small, you couldn't ger a knife blade through, just enough for water
to trickle in

Smaller than the gaps in ours then ;)
I was too lazy to level the base properly...

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

kevin foote October 2nd 05 09:52 PM

Pedro,

Id go for a good quality silcone sealant, its important that is has high
elasticity as the metal will expand a great deal more than the conrete with
temperture. If go for a heavy duty exterior silcone sealant. I think some
gutter sealants may fit the bill. Must be highly elastic.

Kev