Default Rebadged power tools direcotry?

Any such thing exist?
I've read about B&Q selling Trend routers, and Wickes selling Freud. Just
wondering if there is a list of which places sell which rebadged stuff.

Might be a nice idea, unless it's mostly unknown disposable stuff nowadays.

Thanks

John Rumm

J wrote:

Any such thing exist?
I've read about B&Q selling Trend routers, and Wickes selling Freud. Just
wondering if there is a list of which places sell which rebadged stuff.

I don't know if there is any directory as such.. I expect it is
something we could compile ourselves ;-) (new section for the FAQ perhaps)

I was not aware of B&Q badging Trend... although their web site
currently lists the PPPoo and various reasonable looking kit from
Metabo, Makita, and DeWalt.

Wicks do see to badge more decent stuff than the others for their light
grey bodied stuff. Oddly they seem to sell the Freud for more than most
places selling the real thing! ;-)

If you browse some of the far east OEM tool makers sites you can often
spot familiar looking tools.

Might be a nice idea, unless it's mostly unknown disposable stuff nowadays.

For the bulk of the badged stuff this seems to be the case - since most
DIY shops are usually looking for "competitively priced" own brand stuff.

--
Cheers,

John.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:11:48 +0100, "J" wrote:

Any such thing exist?
I've read about B&Q selling Trend routers, and Wickes selling Freud. Just
wondering if there is a list of which places sell which rebadged stuff.

Might be a nice idea, unless it's mostly unknown disposable stuff nowadays.

Thanks

The trouble would be keeping it up to date.

It's very typical for the volume retailers to create a pseudo-brand
and to use suppliers from all over the place that are changed almost
as often as the paper rolls in the tills.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

WTB: Pre-owned american made power and hand tools USENET READER Woodworking 0 March 31st 05 06:48 AM
Cheapo Power Tools Magician UK diy 76 March 28th 05 10:59 PM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. John Rumm UK diy 87 March 8th 05 09:43 PM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
testing ATX power supply tempus fugit Electronics Repair 12 January 13th 04 05:03 PM