John Rumm

J wrote:

Any such thing exist?
I've read about B&Q selling Trend routers, and Wickes selling Freud. Just
wondering if there is a list of which places sell which rebadged stuff.

I don't know if there is any directory as such.. I expect it is
something we could compile ourselves ;-) (new section for the FAQ perhaps)

I was not aware of B&Q badging Trend... although their web site
currently lists the PPPoo and various reasonable looking kit from
Metabo, Makita, and DeWalt.

Wicks do see to badge more decent stuff than the others for their light
grey bodied stuff. Oddly they seem to sell the Freud for more than most
places selling the real thing! ;-)

If you browse some of the far east OEM tool makers sites you can often
spot familiar looking tools.

Might be a nice idea, unless it's mostly unknown disposable stuff nowadays.

For the bulk of the badged stuff this seems to be the case - since most
DIY shops are usually looking for "competitively priced" own brand stuff.

--
Cheers,

John.