Sorn

Default Vaillant heat exchanger

I need a replacement main heat exchanger (not domestic hot water) for a
Vaillant VCW Sine 18 combi boiler (part number 061605). Best price I have
seen is aroung £200 with vat and delivery from a site I found via Google.
Anyone have any links to other suppliers I could try? Several sites have the
part listed but seem to hint at availability being an issue. Cheers.

Ed Sirett

On Sun, 22 May 2005 19:57:19 +0000, Sorn wrote:

I need a replacement main heat exchanger (not domestic hot water) for a
Vaillant VCW Sine 18 combi boiler (part number 061605). Best price I have
seen is aroung £200 with vat and delivery from a site I found via Google.
Anyone have any links to other suppliers I could try? Several sites have the
part listed but seem to hint at availability being an issue. Cheers.

The main heat exchanger is often the part which calls time on the life of
the boiler. This boiler is probably 15 years old? However there is no
reason why it would not go some more year yet _provided_ the rest of the
unit is in _good_ condition.

The price is plausible.
A new boiler+fitting (of similar quality) would be several times the part
+fitting.

P.R.Brady

Sorn wrote:
I need a replacement main heat exchanger (not domestic hot water) for a
Vaillant VCW Sine 18 combi boiler (part number 061605). Best price I have
seen is aroung £200 with vat and delivery from a site I found via Google.
Anyone have any links to other suppliers I could try? Several sites have the
part listed but seem to hint at availability being an issue. Cheers.

Tried http://www.mjtcontrols.co.uk/ ?
They gave me good service last year for the hot water flow detector.

Good luck
Phil

--
Phil Brady
Information Services

Tel +44 (0)1248 382960
Fax +44 (0)1248 383826

Sorn

Thanks Ed. A while ago I posted a problem with this boiler and received
plenty of help and advice. The main problem was the fact that hot water took
about 5 minutes to appear whilst the heating was on and hot water would not
appear at all unless the radiator switch was in the on position. I
eventually traced the fault (with the help and advice I received from this
group) to a knackered wax capsule in the flow switch. Once I replaced it
everything was just fine and dandy until the heate exchanger started to
weep. I have now managed to get someone at work to do a solder job on the
leaking area and everything is fine again. The one remaining problem is that
when the domestic hot water switch is set to 'immediate' I can always get
hot water but when set to 'instant' I can never get hot water. It's to much
of a problem as the boiler only flashes up for a couple of seconds every now
and then in 'immediate' mode.
"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 22 May 2005 19:57:19 +0000, Sorn wrote:

I need a replacement main heat exchanger (not domestic hot water) for a
Vaillant VCW Sine 18 combi boiler (part number 061605). Best price I have
seen is aroung £200 with vat and delivery from a site I found via
Google.
Anyone have any links to other suppliers I could try? Several sites have
the
part listed but seem to hint at availability being an issue. Cheers.

The main heat exchanger is often the part which calls time on the life of
the boiler. This boiler is probably 15 years old? However there is no
reason why it would not go some more year yet _provided_ the rest of the
unit is in _good_ condition.

The price is plausible.
A new boiler+fitting (of similar quality) would be several times the part
+fitting.

Sorn

"P.R.Brady" wrote in message
Sorn wrote:
[...]

Thanks Phil...I did have a look at their site. I have naw managed to get a
repair done to the heat exchanger.

Sorn

"Sorn" wrote in message
news
[...]
[...]