Brian In Hampton

Default Paint for crib....

I started sanding the crib from my first 2 boys and getting it for the new
arival in January. My question is what is the best paint to use.....I am
thinking that latex wood be the best. I have heard that there is a non-toxic
paint fot toys. I also have read that most paint is non-toxic when cured but
want to be as safe as I can.......................Brian

Dan Valleskey

You can not buy toxic finishes in the U.S. (when it is dry). By law.

Some finishes are considered food safe- not sure about any paints.

Shellac is actaully edible- I'll bet you've ingested some recently.
They use it to coat pills.

I used some "toy friendly" wood dyes for a puzzle I did last year, for
my nephew. I may not have harmed him in any way, but the darn stuff
would come off on your fingers as you played with the puzzle.

-Dan V.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:41:40 -0500, "Brian In Hampton"
wrote:

I started sanding the crib from my first 2 boys and getting it for the new
arival in January. My question is what is the best paint to use.....I am
thinking that latex wood be the best. I have heard that there is a non-toxic
paint fot toys. I also have read that most paint is non-toxic when cured but
want to be as safe as I can.......................Brian

Geck

"Brian In Hampton" wrote in message news:vjyod.3733$1t.1585@lakeread07...
I started sanding the crib from my first 2 boys and getting it for the new
arival in January. My question is what is the best paint to use.....I am
thinking that latex wood be the best. I have heard that there is a non-toxic
paint fot toys. I also have read that most paint is non-toxic when cured but
want to be as safe as I can.......................Brian

MilkPaint and Shellac. You won't get any safer. Buy powders/flakes and
mix it yourself to insure you don't get any chemicals that might have
been used for shelf stabilizers.

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM