Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Amazon Heads Up

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Tom Del Rosso wrote:
DGDevin wrote:
"CW" wrote in message

Until I quit, I was rolling my own.

Good for you on quitting, if you've ever seen a smoker die of lung
cancer you'll know good an idea it was to kick the habit.

I've also seen a 35 year old man in good shape have a heart attack thanks
to smoking for the previous 20 years.

I once had a next-door neighbor (Well, actually, down the hall in the apt.
building) who was 35 and looked like an iron-pumper (very fit and buff)
who
never smoked a day in his life. He also dropped dead of a heart attack.

Who's to blame for that?

I'm 61 3/4 (62 next March) and have been a smoker since I was about 19;
at my last checkup, I was found to be essentially as healthy as a horse.

Admittedly, I get a little winded when I pump my bike uphill for a mile
or two, but I stop, have a smoke, and don't feel winded any more.

But the Church of Antismokerism is really stepping up their attacks -
I think it's because they're afraid of being supplanted by the Church of
Warmingism as the National Religion.

You do realize though that if you get hit by a bus whle riding that bike,
your death will be listed as smoking related.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

CW wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message

But the Church of Antismokerism is really stepping up their attacks -
I think it's because they're afraid of being supplanted by the Church of
Warmingism as the National Religion.

You do realize though that if you get hit by a bus whle riding that bike,
your death will be listed as smoking related.

Of course! That's a major part of the problem. My Dad quit smoking when
he was 40-ish, and you know what? At the age of 83, he died anyway!

Thanks,
Rich