Default Moen Diverter in Jacuzzi-style tub

We just bnought a new house with a Jacuzzi-style tub with a handheld
shower. The diverter (Moen) is mounted on the side of the tub and
doesn't stay up. We suspect either the cartridge is bad or the
diverter was never installed properly to begin with (inlet/outlet
switched). I can take apart the diverter, but the access to the
connections to the diverter is buried deep in the side of the tub. The
tub is surrounded by tile. Is there anyway to fix the diverter without
removing the tile from the side of the tub?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jag Man

Jeff,

Still in the process of a bathroom remodel including installation
of a Jacuzzi tub (Luxura 5). It is probably not like yours, as it
has an integral skirt with access panels along front edge. That
allows access to pump and motor and front side fittings, including
the controls. No diverter involved, as the handheld shower will
get the water wnen the spout plunger is pulled up, in the
usual manner. Should I ever need to get at the fittings along
the back edge of the tub I'll break through the wall from the
adjacent room, and then install access panels there.

I believe tubs without builtin access panels are often installed
with access panel(s) at least at the motor/pump end. Check
the walls in adjacent rooms.

Ed

wrote in message
ups.com...
We just bnought a new house with a Jacuzzi-style tub with a handheld
shower. The diverter (Moen) is mounted on the side of the tub and
doesn't stay up. We suspect either the cartridge is bad or the
diverter was never installed properly to begin with (inlet/outlet
switched). I can take apart the diverter, but the access to the
connections to the diverter is buried deep in the side of the tub.

The
tub is surrounded by tile. Is there anyway to fix the diverter

without
removing the tile from the side of the tub?

Thanks,
Jeff

I found the access panel for the motor. Unfortunately, from there
there is no access to the diverter. I also realized (obviously) the
tub surround is plywood with tile on top - so getting to the diverter
is even more of a chore!

Jeff

Kitchen faucet diverter Curly Sue Home Repair 4 March 11th 05 08:12 PM
Screwfix Rainwater Diverter - it's 20mm diameter outlets Mungo Henning UK diy 0 July 1st 04 04:42 PM
Riving style splitter for General TS query john moorhead Woodworking 0 December 18th 03 05:56 AM
Moen Faucet Repair Sundog Home Repair 2 November 4th 03 04:30 AM
NO HW NO CH, Honeywell diverter valve Clive Long,UK UK diy 6 October 7th 03 04:03 PM