Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't wash bricks in a front-loader

I'm glad that question is now settled.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dz...layer_embedded

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 3, 11:03*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.

Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dzVsBs2o&feature=player_embedded

I couldnt watch it, they want me to Sign up for utube, forget it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not to pick nits-- but I think the jury is still out on that. I find
fault with their technique. But I'm not going to try my idea on my
matching machine.

"HeyBub" wrote:

I'm glad that question is now settled.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dz...layer_embedded

They are in a world of **** when mommy comes home and sees her
Rhododendron!

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:03:34 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

I'm glad that question is now settled.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dz...layer_embedded

I get: "This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for
some users" and then it asks me for a login (which I've forgotten long
ago) - wtf? Is the title of the vid completely misleading or something?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 6, 9:39*am, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:03:34 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dz...layer_embedded

I get: "This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for
some users" and then it asks me for a login (which I've forgotten long
ago) - wtf? Is the title of the vid completely misleading or something?

Worked for me on FF at home...but I get the same message as you on IE
at work.

Interesting.

I'll have to try FF again when I get home to see if something has
changed on the youtube end.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Aug 3, 11:03 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.

Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dzVsBs2o&feature=player_embedded

I couldnt watch it, they want me to Sign up for utube, forget it.

Apparently a guy puts a brick in a front-loading washing machine. Machine
goes for the spin cycle.

Washer starts humming, then vibrating, then bouncing like a monkey wearing a
too-tight speedo.

Then the washer flips on its side and tries to die.

Motor won't quit. Washer begins to disintegrate. Washer parts fly
everywhere.

Smoke. Screams. Motor runs even faster.

It's just too horrid to continue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:17:20 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

ransley wrote:
On Aug 3, 11:03 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.

Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dzVsBs2o&feature=player_embedded

I couldnt watch it, they want me to Sign up for utube, forget it.

Apparently a guy puts a brick in a front-loading washing machine. Machine
goes for the spin cycle.

Washer starts humming, then vibrating, then bouncing like a monkey wearing a
too-tight speedo.

Then the washer flips on its side and tries to die.

Motor won't quit. Washer begins to disintegrate. Washer parts fly
everywhere.

Smoke. Screams. Motor runs even faster.

You forgot the screaming of the crushed rhododendron. . .

It's just too horrid to continue.

You're right-- It is too disturbing. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

ransley wrote:
On Aug 3, 11:03 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.

Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dzVsBs2o&feature=player_embedded

I couldnt watch it, they want me to Sign up for utube, forget it.

Apparently a guy puts a brick in a front-loading washing machine.
Machine goes for the spin cycle.

Washer starts humming, then vibrating, then bouncing like a monkey
wearing a too-tight speedo.

Then the washer flips on its side and tries to die.

Motor won't quit. Washer begins to disintegrate. Washer parts fly
everywhere.

Smoke. Screams. Motor runs even faster.

You forgot the screaming of the crushed rhododendron. . .

It's just too horrid to continue.

You're right-- It is too disturbing. .

You saw the cat too?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:03:34 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dz...layer_embedded

I get: "This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for
some users" and then it asks me for a login (which I've forgotten long
ago) - wtf? Is the title of the vid completely misleading or something?

Worked for me on FF at home...but I get the same message as you on IE
at work.

Interesting.

I'll have to try FF again when I get home to see if something has
changed on the youtube end.

Follow up - Works fine on FF, but not on IE6.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

Worked for me on FF at home...but I get the same message as you on IE
at work.

Interesting.

I'll have to try FF again when I get home to see if something has
changed on the youtube end.

Follow up - Works fine on FF, but not on IE6.

IE6? IE6!!!

Man, you're suckin' hind tit!

IE8 is sooo much better. It has tabs and everything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:03:34 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.
Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dz...layer_embedded
I get: "This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for
some users" and then it asks me for a login (which I've forgotten long
ago) - wtf? Is the title of the vid completely misleading or something?

Worked for me on FF at home...but I get the same message as you on IE
at work.

Interesting.

I'll have to try FF again when I get home to see if something has
changed on the youtube end.

Follow up - Works fine on FF, but not on IE6.

Yesterday I tried FF 3.6.3 and needed to sign in and I have no clue what
my sign in info is.

Today I got further, it showed a pic of a washing machine and this:

Washing Machine Self Destructs ( Original )

This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some
users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.

To view this video or group, please verify you are 18 or older by
signing in or signing up.

So I signed up and watched it. Gotta love that 2nd brick! I can see a
rash of this happening in Laundromats.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 6, 2:39*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:03:34 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dz...layer_embedded

I get: "This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for
some users" and then it asks me for a login (which I've forgotten long
ago) - wtf? Is the title of the vid completely misleading or something?

It's a "don't try this at home" thing I think.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 8:39*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Worked for me on FF at home...but I get the same message as you on IE
at work.

Interesting.

I'll have to try FF again when I get home to see if something has
changed on the youtube end.

Follow up - Works fine on FF, but not on IE6.

IE6? *IE6!!!

Man, you're suckin' hind tit!

IE8 is sooo much better. It has tabs and everything.

Yes...IE6.

It's a Corporate Image with no plans in the works to upgrade. By
"corporate" I mean a Fortune 100 company.

Sit back and enjoy this mess...

Our IT department was really, really busy migrating all of our
mainframe based apps to the web (under IE6) when we acquired another
company. This other company was a spin off from still another company
and their apps were still integrated with the Mother Ship's apps.

So, now our IT department has merged with the acquisition's IT
department to work on separating their apps from the Mother Ship's,
without being allowed to see into the Mother Ship's apps too deeply
because they're are still one of our competitors.

Once they get the acquisition's apps segregated, they'll need to merge
their apps with ours, which, by the way, aren't finished being
migrated to the web yet.

Once all of that is done, then maybe, just maybe, they'll have time to
think about an upgrade beyond IE6.

Of course, by then all of the apps will have be written for IE6 and
will have to modified to run on whatever version they move to next.

It's going to be a long wait.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote
It's a Corporate Image with no plans in the works to upgrade. By
"corporate" I mean a Fortune 100 company.

Sit back and enjoy this mess...

Of course, by then all of the apps will have be written for IE6 and
will have to modified to run on whatever version they move to next.

It's going to be a long wait.

If you are really lucky, your division will be sold off and you'll all get
new computers. At least the IT guys have steady employment

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 9:43*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote

It's a Corporate Image with no plans in the works to upgrade. By
"corporate" I mean a Fortune 100 company.

Sit back and enjoy this mess...
Of course, by then all of the apps will have be written for IE6 and
will have to modified to run on whatever version they move to next.

It's going to be a long wait.

If you are really lucky, your division will be sold off and you'll all get
new computers. * At least the IT guys have steady employment

We all got new computers less than a year ago. That's when they really
locked down the corporate image.

I doubt my division will be sold off. The company we acquired was a
essentially a duplicate of my division. We just doubled in size,
making us the largest "division" of our kind in the world.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 09:19:39 -0400, Tony wrote:
Today I got further, it showed a pic of a washing machine and this:

Washing Machine Self Destructs ( Original )

This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some
users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.

To view this video or group, please verify you are 18 or older by
signing in or signing up.

So I signed up and watched it. Gotta love that 2nd brick! I can see a
rash of this happening in Laundromats.

OK, so what's in it that's inappropriate*? I'm sure I've seen a brick in
a washing machine clip on TV before, years ago, and I'm not traumatized
by the experience :-)

* "inappropriate for some users" - they should just make those users have
to sign in, and the rest of us able to just watch the darn thing ;-)

cheers

Jules
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 10:40:33 -0700, harry wrote:

On Aug 6, 2:39Â*pm, Jules Richardson
wrote:
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:03:34 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
I'm glad that question is now settled.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=364dz...layer_embedded

I get: "This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate
for some users" and then it asks me for a login (which I've forgotten
long ago) - wtf? Is the title of the vid completely misleading or
something?

It's a "don't try this at home" thing I think.

What, like "I watched that and just had to try it, and now there's bits
of my washer all over the kitchen and I'm sitting in a big puddle"? Those
kinds of people have no business even being near a computer...