Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Dishwasher not swishing: circulation pump gets no power

Hi,

Here in England, I have a Beko "DE 2541 FX" slimline dishwasher
that stopped working properly... just before Christmas.

When I press the button to start the cycle, the machine drains and
then fills as normal and then -- instead of kicking into that rhythmic
swishing sound -- it just sits there in dead silence. After 15 minutes
it might fill again, and if left might fill yet again after another
while. But it never kicks into wash mode. It does this even on the
simple no-heat, pre-wash setting.

I checked the heater, it looks perfectly fine and is not open-circuit.

I checked the thermistor, fine, it correctly changes resistance
when it's in hot water.

Everything looks pretty much perfect, after all it's only three
years old.

The main circulation pump looks pristine, and so does its
capacitor. But when I measured with a multi-meter across the terminals
of the pump (insulated crocodile clips!), I discovered that at no time
does it receive any voltage.

I decided to replace the controller card (only £30) and today I
find it still has exactly the same problem with the new controller
installed. Argh!

So what is the real culprit? Can anyone help? I know there is a
circulation sensor, a thermistor, and various door safety and overfill
doodads but I am not sure what exactly would cause this particular problem.

I would be grateful for anyone's experience and expertise: I don't
want to be defeated by this thing!

With many thanks,

Sandy

P.S. - I have obtained the circuit diagram of my Beko dishwasher, the
logic of which was designed by the Turkish company 'Arcelik'. (I don't
understand it very well, chiefly because the diagram's labels got
scrambled at some stage. And some of the symbols I don't immediately
recognize, or they're just "circles".) I would be most grateful if
someone took an informed guess as to what the components must be. I
could then relate the diagram to my actual dishwasher's control board,
components, wiring and mechanisms. Anyway, I've scanned and uploaded
the diagram he

http://i49.tinypic.com/28r1thw.jpg

Many thanks again.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

I assume the unit uses an electronic controller, and not an
electromechanical one. If it /is/ the latter, check the timer switch.

If it's the former, it could just be a bad wire or connection between the
controller and the pump.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Usenet wrote:
Baron wrote:

P.S. - I have obtained the circuit diagram of my Beko dishwasher, the
logic of which was designed by the Turkish company 'Arcelik'. (I
don't understand it very well, chiefly because the diagram's labels
got
scrambled at some stage. And some of the symbols I don't immediately
recognize, or they're just "circles".) I would be most grateful if
someone took an informed guess as to what the components must be. I
could then relate the diagram to my actual dishwasher's control board,
components, wiring and mechanisms. Anyway, I've scanned and uploaded
the diagram he

http://i49.tinypic.com/28r1thw.jpg

Many thanks again.

Find & check switch 6.

Not quite sure which 6 you mean, from this unix-like reply! Surely
not the double switch labelled 06 over on the far left. You must mean
the switchy hatty little symbol at the lower left of the diagram
labelled '6. Are you thinking, like me, that this is this the
anti-flood cutoff device? There's a round grey plastic thingy located
on the bottom plate of my machine, and has a round white polystyrene
float visible in this plastic device. A bit like an thick oversized
communion wafer, if anyone remembers such things. The flood sensor
seemed OK to me, dry too.

My guess is that what you describe above is a float switch and is the
"6" symbol in the next to the bottom line at the left side (as you said
above). A possible problem is that it is not closing and the motor won't
run because the circuit does not think there is enough water. Might be
there is not enough water, or the float switch has a problem. My guess
is that is what "check switch 6" is about. [My dishwasher fills partly
on a time cycle, and a malfunctioning pressure reducer prevented a
complete fill.]

The few dishwashers in the US that I have played with have a single pump
motor (probably on pin 2 as you guess). The motor is used for drain also
- the water is pumped out. That does not seem to be consistent with your
meter measurement. If there is a second motor my guess is it is pin 13 -
could be a fan for drying.

My guess is that the rectangles with diagonal slashes (like pin 3,4,5)
are solenoids such as might be attached to fill or drain valves (which
might be pins 3,5).

Pins 12 & 16 might be switches, like a door-open switch.

If pin 11 has a heater, the lower symbol may be a temperature limit switch.

Tracing wires should tell you what the symbols are.

You might want to try newsgroup uk.d-i-y

--
bud--
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Baron wrote:

[...]

To complete my uploading of the timer control circuit diagram for
the Beko "DE 2541 FX" slimline dishwasher, here's what I guess are the
components attached to the PCB pins (along the top of the diagram) taken
from an earlier post of mine. Counting the pins from left to right,
here's what I *think* is attached to each:

pin 1 : main power button switch
pin 2 : motor with capacitor? dunno.
pin 3 : pump motor
pin 4 : motor (without pump?? a "load"?)
pin 5 : pump motor
pins 8-9 : God knows what
pin 11 : fuse, water-heater, normally-on microswitch
pin 12 : a normally-off safety microswitch (?)
pins 13-14: ??? (mystery circle!)
pins 15-16: a normally-off safety microswitch (?)
pins 17-18: ??? (can't find this symbol anywhere!)
pins 19-21: Thermistor circuit

Mysteries:
At the low left of the diagram, what is the symbol marked '6?
In the middle of the diagram, is the thing labeled &2 a two way switch?

I think if I knew these things, it would help to connect (in my
understanding) the diagram and the actual wires and devices I see dotted
around the machine. I would be very grateful for any informed guesses
and suggestions from people.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm very encouraged by the
quick and sure response. Encouraged enough to put on my boiler suit and
disconnect the damn machine again, and go checking for continuity and
**** until I get the damn thing working again. I will follow up when I
do. It's always gratifying to come across such posts.

Many thanks again everyone,

Sandy
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

On Jan 19, 8:34*am, Usenet wrote:
Baron wrote:
[...]

Sandy- Hide quoted text -

Have you contacted whomever installed/sold/ever serviced the
dishwasher? You are informed enough to be able to hold an intelligent
discussion with someone familiar with the product and maybe they could
give you some tips on your particular model.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

In article , Usenet
writes

I would be grateful for anyone's experience and expertise: I don't
want to be defeated by this thing!

Terrible diagram. Can't think how that was meant to help.

Check switch 06 carefully. One side may be broken. WITH PLUG OUT!

There is some kind of fusible link (7A) above motor 630. Check that.

The switch &2 looks like it may be me kind of heat selector switch. Is
it?

Check the link 7). A fuse?

What's "0 DLQ%RDLG" ? A hybrid PCB potted in epoxy?

You said the dishwasher was cheap. Afraid you now know why.

Arçelik is a big factory in Turkey. Any "brand" of white goods you buy
in Europe now comes from there.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

In article , Usenet
writes

Not quite sure which 6 you mean, from this unix-like reply! Surely
not the double switch labelled 06 over on the far left.

Oh yus. Especially if you're in the habit (as I am) of opening the
machine mid-cycle to chuck something else in.

The machine filling, pausing, filling suggests it doesn't know where the
water level is.

--
(\__/)