Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sprinkler deflector guards

I have an underground sprinkler system where the heads against the
house seem to continue to get out of focus and spray the house
resulting in fading paint on house. any suggestions or are there
guards that can be installed on the heads?

Thanks

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 19, 9:46*am, Michael Becks wrote:
I have an underground sprinkler system where the heads against the
house seem to continue to get out of focus and spray the house
resulting in fading paint on house. *any suggestions or are there
guards that can be installed on the heads?

None that I know of. The spray pattern is adjustable at the head. If
it keeps going out of adjustment, there's something wrong with the
head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Becks wrote:
I have an underground sprinkler system where the heads against the
house seem to continue to get out of focus and spray the house
resulting in fading paint on house. any suggestions or are there
guards that can be installed on the heads?

Thanks

Mike

Simplest solution would be to put in a nozzle with narrower spray
angle...1/3 or 1/4 circle rather than 1/2. There is flexible "pipe",
with suitable adapters, that can be used to move the spray head a little
further away from the wall...did lots of that kind of fiddling with our
condo system when hubby and I restored it to life after long neglect.
The advantage of the flex stuff is that the if the mower runs over the
head, it doesn't have rigid pipe under it to break. It just offsets the
head from the pipe however far you wish to move it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Becks wrote:
I have an underground sprinkler system where the heads against the
house seem to continue to get out of focus and spray the house
resulting in fading paint on house. any suggestions or are there
guards that can be installed on the heads?

Thanks

Mike

Hmmm,
You can try different height and head. Spray pattern should stay once
adjusted. Tried another head? Or change that one to drip irrigation?