Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need 5 gal gas can replacement caps?

I have four 5 gal gas cans and three of them are newer and have the
carb compliant gas cap/nozzles that are worth crap. They've all
broken even though they usually leaked like crazy. I would like to
replace them with the standard course thread screw on caps without any
fancy nozzle gizmo.

However, I cannot seem to find anything. Has anyone else had any
luck finding such a replacement cap? My cans are Briggs & Stratton
and Scepter. All suggestions appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:23:30 -0400, BobMCT wrote
in

I have four 5 gal gas cans and three of them are newer and have the
carb compliant gas cap/nozzles that are worth crap. They've all
broken even though they usually leaked like crazy. I would like to
replace them with the standard course thread screw on caps without any
fancy nozzle gizmo.

However, I cannot seem to find anything. Has anyone else had any
luck finding such a replacement cap? My cans are Briggs & Stratton
and Scepter. All suggestions appreciated.

Check out EZ-Pour http://ezpourspout.com/wp/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:17:18 AM UTC-7, CRNG wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:23:30 -0400, BobMCT wrote
in

I have four 5 gal gas cans and three of them are newer and have the
carb compliant gas cap/nozzles that are worth crap. They've all
broken even though they usually leaked like crazy. I would like to
replace them with the standard course thread screw on caps without any
fancy nozzle gizmo.

However, I cannot seem to find anything. Has anyone else had any
luck finding such a replacement cap? My cans are Briggs & Stratton
and Scepter. All suggestions appreciated.

Check out EZ-Pour http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

Why? they don't fit the new style cans.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/12/2014 11:29 PM, Harry K wrote:

[snip]

Check out EZ-Pour http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

Why? they don't fit the new style cans.

You're supposed to say that, as well as try some.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:54:10 AM UTC-7, sam E wrote:
On 03/12/2014 11:29 PM, Harry K wrote:

Check out EZ-Pour http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

Why? they don't fit the new style cans.

You're supposed to say that, as well as try some.

Harry K

That's what it says on their website and the new style cans have a different thread design. That fact has been known since the new abortions first came out.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 3/11/2014 10:23 PM, BobMCT wrote:

However, I cannot seem to find anything. ...

There's a reason for that--they wouldn't EPA-compliant.

There _is_, however, an outfit (if they've not been run out of bizness)
that is selling the old-style jerry cans for "potable liquid" use.
It's up to you to decide what you actually use them for.

I've not done a recent search to see if they've managed to evade the
rule and are still going or not.

I'm fortunate and have a supply of old 5-gal metal cans that are what
hydraulic and other various oils used on the farm came in. Some are
probably 50 yo at least going thru a multitude of logo changes for the
Co-op over the years I can track the vintage. There's a stash of
them I keep to ensure will always have some.

I feel your pain w/ the new stuff...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/13/14 10:33 am, dpb wrote:

There _is_, however, an outfit (if they've not been run out of bizness)
that is selling the old-style jerry cans for "potable liquid" use. It's
up to you to decide what you actually use them for.

I've not done a recent search to see if they've managed to evade the
rule and are still going or not.

Potable liquids are not highly inflammable, so containers intended for
use with them may not be made of a plastic that inhibits the build up of
static electricity.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 3/13/2014 11:53 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Potable liquids are not highly inflammable, so containers intended for
use with them may not be made of a plastic that inhibits the build up of
static electricity.

You failed to get the drift it appears...the outfit is selling old-style
_metal_ jerry cans on the pretext of being for potable liquids/nonfuel
use in order to skirt the EPA rules...

What caps is this? Paul Conners Electronics Repair 11 May 20th 10 05:51 PM
Replacement Wheelhead Radiator Valve Caps The Medway Handyman UK diy 3 March 5th 08 11:04 AM
Welding caps.... B.B. Metalworking 26 January 25th 05 09:13 AM
Run caps? Paul Baygents Metalworking 75 April 11th 04 05:53 AM
Audio amp replacement filter caps ??? Asimov Electronics Repair 1 January 27th 04 02:55 AM