How to do the Oreck tune-up

Old December 24th 06, 05:28 AM posted to alt.home.repair
jb

Default How to do the Oreck tune-up

Oreck touts their 'tune-up' as the way to keep their vacuums running
well. I have an XL 21 Oreck and would like to perform the tune-up
myself. Does anyone know what they do to the unit and how deep they get
into the machine?
Old December 24th 06, 01:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"jb" wrote in message
Oreck touts their 'tune-up' as the way to keep their vacuums running well.
I have an XL 21 Oreck and would like to perform the tune-up myself. Does
anyone know what they do to the unit and how deep they get into the
machine?

Here's their spiel http://www.oreck.com/about/press_10_tuneup.cfm seems
if you have a reasonable amount of talent it shouldn't be a problem,
although I don't know how they are "Sanitizing" the machine inside and out.

Happy modeming,
Bill

Old December 24th 06, 02:22 PM posted to alt.home.repair
jb

Berkshire Bill wrote:
"jb" wrote in message

Oreck touts their 'tune-up' as the way to keep their vacuums running well.
I have an XL 21 Oreck and would like to perform the tune-up myself. Does
anyone know what they do to the unit and how deep they get into the
machine?

Here's their spiel http://www.oreck.com/about/press_10_tuneup.cfm seems
if you have a reasonable amount of talent it shouldn't be a problem,
although I don't know how they are "Sanitizing" the machine inside and out.

Happy modeming,
Bill

Thanks Bill. This article says it is a free service. I wonder, what's
the catch?

Grinder Tune-Up Roland Woodturning 1 July 9th 06 09:13 PM
Table saw tune up BD Woodworking 9 March 21st 06 10:11 PM
Oreck Upright Vacumn twfsa Home Repair 2 September 25th 05 11:31 PM
BS Tune up Rob V Woodworking 6 November 16th 03 05:03 AM