DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to do the Oreck tune-up (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/186861-how-do-oreck-tune-up.html)

jb December 24th 06 06:28 AM

How to do the Oreck tune-up

Oreck touts their 'tune-up' as the way to keep their vacuums running
well. I have an XL 21 Oreck and would like to perform the tune-up
myself. Does anyone know what they do to the unit and how deep they get
into the machine?

Berkshire Bill December 24th 06 02:49 PM

How to do the Oreck tune-up

"jb" wrote in message
Oreck touts their 'tune-up' as the way to keep their vacuums running well.
I have an XL 21 Oreck and would like to perform the tune-up myself. Does
anyone know what they do to the unit and how deep they get into the
machine?

Here's their spiel http://www.oreck.com/about/press_10_tuneup.cfm seems
if you have a reasonable amount of talent it shouldn't be a problem,
although I don't know how they are "Sanitizing" the machine inside and out.

Happy modeming,
Bill

jb December 24th 06 03:22 PM

How to do the Oreck tune-up

Berkshire Bill wrote:
"jb" wrote in message

Oreck touts their 'tune-up' as the way to keep their vacuums running well.
I have an XL 21 Oreck and would like to perform the tune-up myself. Does
anyone know what they do to the unit and how deep they get into the
machine?

Here's their spiel http://www.oreck.com/about/press_10_tuneup.cfm seems
if you have a reasonable amount of talent it shouldn't be a problem,
although I don't know how they are "Sanitizing" the machine inside and out.

Happy modeming,
Bill

Thanks Bill. This article says it is a free service. I wonder, what's
the catch?