Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tile Saw Question

I have a table saw style tile saw I've used for years and recently purchased a Husky tile saw with the motor mounted above. My question involves the water supply that wets (or in this case does not) the blade. The table saw style saws blade ran through a tub of water wetting the blade, and slinging water at me. The Husky saws water supply is behind and above the blade and does not, even after several modifications wet the blade. The RPM of the blade "blows" the water into the blade guard and it drips onto the tile, essentially dry cutting the tile. Any ideas? Should I just return it to HD? What model/brand over arm saw would you reccommend?

Thanks

Scot
Posted to alt.home.repair

"srazor" wrote in message
I have a table saw style tile saw I've used for years and recently
purchased a Husky tile saw with the motor mounted above. My question
involves the water supply that wets (or in this case does not) the blade.
The table saw style saws blade ran through a tub of water wetting the
blade, and slinging water at me. The Husky saws water supply is behind and
above the blade and does not, even after several modifications wet the
blade. The RPM of the blade "blows" the water into the blade guard and it
drips onto the tile, essentially dry cutting the tile. Any ideas? Should
I just return it to HD? What model/brand over arm saw would you
reccommend?

Thanks

Scot

I most likely would return it. What you describe can not be proper.

My el cheapo, blade above a sliding table from Harbor Fright uses a fork
like affair to deposit the water onto both sides of the moving blade at
something between the 4 and 5 clock position. It does sling water forward
and away from the user.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

"srazor" wrote in message
I have a table saw style tile saw I've used for years and recently
purchased a Husky tile saw with the motor mounted above. My question
involves the water supply that wets (or in this case does not) the blade.
The table saw style saws blade ran through a tub of water wetting the
blade, and slinging water at me. The Husky saws water supply is behind and
above the blade and does not, even after several modifications wet the
blade. The RPM of the blade "blows" the water into the blade guard and it
drips onto the tile, essentially dry cutting the tile. Any ideas? Should
I just return it to HD? What model/brand over arm saw would you
reccommend?

Thanks

Scot

Don't know about the Husky but check the water pump and the water line.
Disconnect the line at the pump and see if the pump is primed and then blow
through the line to clear it - that always work for me and then you should
have a strong spray at the cutting edge.

http://www.amazon.com/Qep-60010-Trim...8?ie=UTF8&s=hi

I have a 10", 2hp, QEP like the above except single speed and its a
workhorse. If I had more money to burn, I would have gone for a MK Diamond.

Posted to alt.home.repair

What's wrong with the water-tub style? I've used one for some time,
and i love it...
Well, except for combing the chunks of glazing out of my hair... ya, i
see your point now.

For sale, one tub-style water saw. ;-)

Tile question jeffc Home Repair 1 October 17th 06 05:37 AM
Tile question Robert A. Cibiras Home Repair 3 August 25th 06 11:10 PM
Tile saw question SteveB Home Repair 9 April 2nd 05 02:17 PM
tile saw question steve Home Repair 5 March 31st 05 05:12 PM
Another Tile Question Dorot29701 Home Repair 7 August 1st 03 01:30 AM