Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

Old November 17th 06, 05:45 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

My 45 year old concrete two-lane circle drive is cracked all over the
place. It's still fairly level and easy enough to drive on, but it's
really ugly.

To replace it would cost a fortune, is there any cheaper alternative,
like a skim coat or to asphalt over the top or something?

Old November 17th 06, 09:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Okay, You owe me a big thank you for running outside to the shop to read the
can of **** that worked good for me. It's called Stone Mason Instant
patching Cement and I also google the stuff for ya and here's the link.

http://www.usehickson.com/StoneMason...ngCement.shtml

I have fixed the cement floor in my garage and I park a 1 ton dually on it
and the crack has never reappeared. I also went over sidewalk palm prints
from the pervious residents that owned this place before I bought it. I
bought like a 1 gallon paint tin of it and this **** really goes far...I
have lots left...When you open the can it kind of shocks you as you expect
it to be a liquid, but it's a powder that you mix with water....Works great
!! Hope that was of some help....Jimi

ups.com...

Old December 5th 06, 07:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Silicon Gel

Cheap and easy.

Can do it yourself

wrote in message
oups.com...
There are companies that will put a semi-elastic coating on the
driveway. I have seen driveways that look very nice when finished. Fine
a reputable installer.

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concr...tep_by_step.ht

Old December 6th 06, 05:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair
LT

What is silicon gel? What product names is it sold under? I've only seen
concrete-based products...
LT

"Chris" wrote in message
Silicon Gel