DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/182988-cracked-concrete-driveway-cheap-solution.html)

[email protected] November 17th 06 04:45 PM

Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

My 45 year old concrete two-lane circle drive is cracked all over the
place. It's still fairly level and easy enough to drive on, but it's
really ugly.

To replace it would cost a fortune, is there any cheaper alternative,
like a skim coat or to asphalt over the top or something?

[email protected] November 17th 06 06:36 PM

Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

If you coat it with something, the coating will eventually crack in the
same places.

[email protected] November 17th 06 08:16 PM

wrote:
If you coat it with something, the coating will eventually crack in the
same places.

you ca asphalt it but indeed it will crack again.

even concrete has a finite life. of your selling the home have it
aspha;ted right before sale

[email protected] November 17th 06 08:20 PM

Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

There are companies that will put a semi-elastic coating on the
driveway. I have seen driveways that look very nice when finished. Fine
a reputable installer.

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concr...ep_by_step.htm

Jimi November 17th 06 08:39 PM

Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

Okay, You owe me a big thank you for running outside to the shop to read the
can of **** that worked good for me. It's called Stone Mason Instant
patching Cement and I also google the stuff for ya and here's the link.

http://www.usehickson.com/StoneMason...ngCement.shtml

I have fixed the cement floor in my garage and I park a 1 ton dually on it
and the crack has never reappeared. I also went over sidewalk palm prints
from the pervious residents that owned this place before I bought it. I
bought like a 1 gallon paint tin of it and this **** really goes far...I
have lots left...When you open the can it kind of shocks you as you expect
it to be a liquid, but it's a powder that you mix with water....Works great
!! Hope that was of some help....Jimi

ups.com...

Chris December 5th 06 06:14 AM

Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

Silicon Gel

Cheap and easy.

Can do it yourself

oups.com...

http://www.concretenetwork.com/concr...tep_by_step.ht

LT December 6th 06 04:06 PM

Cracked Concrete driveway...cheap solution.

What is silicon gel? What product names is it sold under? I've only seen
concrete-based products...
LT

"Chris" wrote in message
Silicon Gel