Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window Leaking - Help!

Dear group,

The top of my window is leaking water into my bedroom. I know that I
will need to caulk it, and I have caulk, however, I live in a very
rainy area and it's the rainy season. What should I do to create a
relatively dry environment for the caulking to even try to dry out? If
anything, trying to protect it from the outside would be extremely
difficult, as it is a third story window.

Thank you for your time,

ps. Also consider I am a novice to home repairs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Dear group,

The top of my window is leaking water into my bedroom.

Call the landlord.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear group,

The top of my window is leaking water into my bedroom. I know that I
will need to caulk it, and I have caulk, however, I live in a very
rainy area and it's the rainy season. What should I do to create a
relatively dry environment for the caulking to even try to dry out? If
anything, trying to protect it from the outside would be extremely
difficult, as it is a third story window.

Thank you for your time,

ps. Also consider I am a novice to home repairs.

I just helped a neighbor solve this problem. The solution involved
removing the wood trim around the outside of the window, cutting
away the siding above the trim, inserting flashing under the tarpaper
behind the siding, and more tarpaper behind that, and installing new
trim with the flashing then being bent down over the top. Problem
solved.

Bob