Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sprinkler Height

I'm starting from scratch on my front lawn and installing a new
sprinkler system. At this point, I have nothing but dirt, and I'm
wondering how far above ground should the 2" spray-head sprinklers sit
so they'll be the proper height once the sod is laid?

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you can put in a rock border and don't put them in the lawn. The
sprinklers will drop and the lawn will build up so I would pick up the
tallest you can. Also do not short yourself on coverage. Don't be
afraid to use more zones either it may be a little more work at the
start but being able to water where it needs it is a plus!

wrote:

I'm starting from scratch on my front lawn and installing a new
sprinkler system. At this point, I have nothing but dirt, and I'm
wondering how far above ground should the 2" spray-head sprinklers sit
so they'll be the proper height once the sod is laid?

Thanks.

-Fleemo

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the input here folks!