GE dishwasher GSD4030Z02WW drain valve leaking

Old October 15th 06, 04:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE dishwasher GSD4030Z02WW drain valve leaking

Leaks around shaft when solenoid is activated. I'm not sure how to remove
the plastic piece (that the solenoid pulls down) from the end of the shaft
to get at the seal. It appears the end of the shaft is larger than the hole
in the plastic. Afraid to pull it very hard - if I pull the shaft out of
the valve then I have more problems, right? Would appreciate any
suggestions.
Thanks,
David

Old October 15th 06, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair

David Linscott wrote:
Leaks around shaft when solenoid is activated. I'm not sure how to remove
the plastic piece (that the solenoid pulls down) from the end of the shaft
to get at the seal. It appears the end of the shaft is larger than the hole
in the plastic. Afraid to pull it very hard - if I pull the shaft out of
the valve then I have more problems, right? Would appreciate any
suggestions.
Thanks,
David

Hi,

Leaks around shaft when solenoid is activated

Normally the best repair is too replace the motor and pump assy. Have
tried a few drain post seals and all came back to haunt us

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...13&bra nd=GEH

if I pull the shaft out of
the valve then I have more problems, right?

Won't come out.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Old October 15th 06, 06:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

OK...well, I'm a cheapskate. I found it does pull off with a little more
force. I'm going to try replacing it, then I'll keep an eye on it. I think
I'm going to put some kind of a pan under there and build or buy a little
alarm to check for water. They ought to offer such a thing for all
clothes/dishwashers. This one is on a kitchen floor that is hardwood -
that's another thing that should be outlawed! :)

Thanks for your response...

David

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...