Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pH Neutralizer

Hello,

I live off city mains water with a pH of around 6.7 and very low
alkalinity (46ppm). The hardness is between 20-30 mg/L, and no
iron/manganese problems. The thing is that my skin just can't take this
type of water, and I presume the pH can go lower than 6.7 due to the
low alkalinity present. I had a neutralizer installed and fitted, but
the pH seems to be all over the place

How much hardness should be added to just neutralize and not go higher,
or should I even have bothered with this pH unit at all in the first
place. The water is terrible now, slimy even.

Posted to alt.home.repair

None wrote:

Hello,

I live off city mains water with a pH of around 6.7 and very low
alkalinity (46ppm). The hardness is between 20-30 mg/L, and no
iron/manganese problems. The thing is that my skin just can't take this
type of water, and I presume the pH can go lower than 6.7 due to the
low alkalinity present. I had a neutralizer installed and fitted, but
the pH seems to be all over the place

How much hardness should be added to just neutralize and not go higher,
or should I even have bothered with this pH unit at all in the first
place. The water is terrible now, slimy even.

Please Help!

Durnsley Heat Neutralizer - Opinions Rick UK diy 5 July 30th 06 07:44 PM
How do you work a water neutralizer? Rick in Pa Home Repair 4 November 21st 05 12:34 AM
Dunsley Neutralizer ???? bell UK diy 12 October 26th 04 09:21 AM
Well Water help Dave Sugar Home Repair 4 September 5th 03 02:22 AM