DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   pH Neutralizer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/173264-ph-neutralizer.html)

None August 21st 06 12:45 PM

pH Neutralizer

Hello,

I live off city mains water with a pH of around 6.7 and very low
alkalinity (46ppm). The hardness is between 20-30 mg/L, and no
iron/manganese problems. The thing is that my skin just can't take this
type of water, and I presume the pH can go lower than 6.7 due to the
low alkalinity present. I had a neutralizer installed and fitted, but
the pH seems to be all over the place

How much hardness should be added to just neutralize and not go higher,
or should I even have bothered with this pH unit at all in the first
place. The water is terrible now, slimy even.