Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure washing a car - Best Nozzles/Kits???

I just bought a 2200 psi 4.5 HP 3.0 gpm pressure washer from Home Depot
for a few projects I have to do around the house. I've also thought
about washing the cars with it, but does anyone know the best nozzle or
kit to get for car washing with a pressure washer? I don't want to
damage the paint on my car so thought I would seek some advise from
experienced pressure washer users. Thanks in advance for your
comments!

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS....jsp?pn=098614

Posted to alt.home.repair
Curmudgeon

wrote:
I just bought a 2200 psi 4.5 HP 3.0 gpm pressure washer from Home Depot
for a few projects I have to do around the house. I've also thought
about washing the cars with it, but does anyone know the best nozzle or
kit to get for car washing with a pressure washer? I don't want to
damage the paint on my car so thought I would seek some advise from
experienced pressure washer users. Thanks in advance for your
comments!

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS....jsp?pn=098614

You MUST use the black low pressure tip to siphon any cleaning
chemical/soap you might be using...won't siphon with any other tip. You
could rinse with the white tip safely, but I wouldn't go higher than
that....you'd be surprised how fast you can strip some paint off a car!
HD also has a car washing brush kit for their p/washers with rotary
brush attachment.