Window shades & cat

Old March 31st 06, 03:40 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Window shades & cat

I want a insulating window shade for a west facing window, but my cat
claws any fabric shades. Are there any good wood or metal shades that
also insulates from heat well?

Old March 31st 06, 04:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Get your cat declawed.
Rick

oups.com...

Old March 31st 06, 03:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Soft Paws" are glue on rubber caps for cat claws. They stay on for
months at a time. Cat can try all it wants but won't be able to shred
anything.

http://www.softpaws.com/

-rev

Old March 31st 06, 04:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

At least trim your cat's claws. Ours gets a weekly nail trim. Makes her more
house compatable. Being done each week, she gets quite used to it, doesn't
mind at all, becomes part of grooming. Just to make it even easier for the
cat, it is done when she is just wakened from a sound sleep that way she is
still groggy and has little resistance in her.

oups.com...

Old March 31st 06, 05:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Rick Shaw"
wrote:

- Get your cat declawed.
- Rick
-

Absolutely DO NOT get your cat declawed. It's a horrible and painful
process. Some cats never recover, emotionally. Some suffer horrible
infections after the surgery.
--
8^\~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Old March 31st 06, 06:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Suzie-Q wrote:

Get your cat declawed.

Absolutely DO NOT get your cat declawed.

OK. Shoot the cat. They are cheaper than window coverings.

It's a horrible and painful process.

Perhaps, but it's not so bad for the cat.

Some cats never recover, emotionally.

All the de-clawed cats I have asked simply replied, "What claws?"

Some suffer horrible infections after the surgery.

In that unlikely event, see my first suggestion above.
--

JR
Old March 31st 06, 06:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Suzie-Q writes:

In article , "Rick Shaw"
wrote:

- Get your cat declawed.
- Rick
-

Absolutely DO NOT get your cat declawed. It's a horrible and painful
process. Some cats never recover, emotionally. Some suffer horrible
infections after the surgery.

Our cat has still never complained.

If you're living in a log cabin, with hand built furniture,
by all means, leave the claws.

If you let the cat outside, leave the claws.

Our prior cat tunnelled her way under the carpet and took
the arms off the couches. Judging by the look on her face
she found the scratching post amusing.

I don't think it's horrible for the cat,
but I find having our furniture destroyed pretty horrible.
Old March 31st 06, 06:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Eric Tonks" etonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM writes:
"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Soft Paws" are glue on rubber caps for cat claws. They stay on for
months at a time. Cat can try all it wants but won't be able to shred
anything.

http://www.softpaws.com/

At least trim your cat's claws. Ours gets a weekly nail trim. Makes her more
house compatable. Being done each week, she gets quite used to it, doesn't
mind at all, becomes part of grooming. Just to make it even easier for the
cat, it is done when she is just wakened from a sound sleep that way she is
still groggy and has little resistance in her.

I don't think claw trimming really works, but when I used it,
I found covering the cats head with a towel very helpful.

New window in shower - use Corian? [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 8th 06 11:45 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Does a double hung window have a circulation advantage over a roll type in a one window bathroom? Bob Valor Home Repair 5 July 14th 05 07:05 AM
Cracked inner panel of dual pane glass (Caused by window film or cellular shades w/ tracks?) jay Home Repair 27 February 3rd 05 02:51 AM
Storm window as main shed window? Dave K. Home Repair 2 July 23rd 03 12:38 AM